Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought my 2006 700 in febuary and my buddy has a stock kfx 450 and his bike smokes mine:mad: and i have the big 3 on mine exhaust intake fuel controller
should i take it in to the dealership and get a tune up i was thinkin of sellin mine and gettin a kfx 450 but i love my raptor and dont wanna do it

any help is appreciated

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Stock to stock you should be beating him, unless you weigh like 200 lbs more than him. He shouldn't b beating you if you have the big 3, are you short shifting or reving it out?

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
He has a pipe, intake and controller, KFX is stock.

My first thought would be tuning of the controller, my second would be replacing the plug, my next action would be a compression test and then a leak down test.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there we go was just trying to figure out if i needed to do some major maintenanace
but you guys helped me thank you so plug and compression and leak down have to take it to the dealer for that

maddog-- its only an msd with 3 click knobs but im running it on the profile that best suit my bike the bike pulls really hard all thru 3,4,5 gear so i think its low end is kinda lacking wich i know these bikes are known for the bottom end tourque

ill talk to the local dealer here and see what they say

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
are you short shifting or reving it out?
That's a very important question.

Tires are also a big factor, I have ITP GNCC tires and all these tires do is spin on start, I'm just wasting power there. Rider weight is also a significant factor.. I'm 285 pounds and when I ride against a 175 pounds driver, I know mods become irrelevant fast.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont think im short shifting i try not to rev it out
itll pull thru 3rd 4th and 5th hard
i think it just needs a tune up and maybe some new stuff put in
then again i dont have another raptor to compare to so ill just put some money into it and see where it goes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts