Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my 15t in, but when is it the best time to install it? Should I install it now even though I dont have any mods to it yet, or is it better to wait till I get my exhaust, intake, PCIII? Also, I have read that the case saver and chain guard dont fit, and I have read it does. OK which is the truth, am I going to have a problem installs this?

·
Registered
262 Posts
I would go ahead and put it on. The only thing you have to do is grind the stock case saver on the side thats closest to the case and put the bolt in the other slot thats avaliable. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
200 Posts
btac said:
Also, I have read that the case saver and chain guard dont fit, and I have read it does. OK which is the truth, am I going to have a problem installs this?
Try installing it first before you do any modifying to the case saver. Most of us didn't have any problems with the install.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx for the posts guys...

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone know the size and torque of the nut that holds the sprocket?

·
Registered
262 Posts
The socket is 36mm and as far as torque goes I just hit it with a impact a couple times.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hammer700r said:
The socket is 36mm and as far as torque goes I just hit it with a impact a couple times.
How much slack in the chain do I leave?

·
Registered
262 Posts
If your setting on the bike you about 3/4 of an inch. give or take a little.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i too had to modify the case saver, but no problems with the guard. also, i called the dealer and the torque is 61 ft. lb

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thx guys I got it all installed, I did have to grind down the case saver. i took it for alil spin after I was done with it and man that thing pulls much more harder. However, it was make alil vibration/rub noise. So I took it back home checked the case saver and it looked like it hasnt even been touch, so I got to thinkin it was my swingarm gaurd (that plastic piece that allows the chain to rub against. Well I thought it was rubbing more becuase of the sprocket, so I grinded that down (A lil to much i thought). Then took it for another spin and still the samething, I got off and put it in nuetral and bumped the gas and I can hear with out driving around. Will come to find out I think it was my plastic heel gaurd vibrating. Oh well....

·
Registered
262 Posts
not really, With a engine that make alot of torque (via the 700) you gain acceleration with a taller gear.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The only thing that seemed diff. was it seemed longet in the gears. The front wheels pulled up just the same as it did with the 14t on it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.