Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much can be done to these motors before the clutches start slipping? I am getting ready to install a 11:1 piston/stage 2 hot cam & spring kit in mine. I am running a FMF powerbomb w/ a white bros E slip on,Pro flow filter,no air box lid/stage 2 carb kit and a larger oil tank. If i have to get a better clutch i would like to get one and install it when i do the motor. I guess i would spend the money for the Hinson since they are the good stuff.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Spend it. Hinson or GYRT and from what I've heard gyrt=hinson basically. I put the heavy duty clutch kit from gyrt, billet hinson basket aand all the other goodies because right after my exhaust/jetting/intake my clutches burnt up within 5 minutes

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Running a pretty aggressive stock bore build on all oem clutch components and a GYTR plate and spring kit. Clutch has held up through two recreational seasons and a race season.

With OEM springs and plates, I busted the plates as soon as I installed a piston and cam.

If you do start replacing internals, start with the basket. And yes, GYTR is made by hinson.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts