Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my buddy told me to get a k&n intkae kit with oversized filter and then get a replacement airbox lid with the foam top to it. is there a replacement airbox lid that has a 80% foam top prefilter[outer wear] out there? how many different types is there?price? pros/cons?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Actually, you want to go with the Pro Design intake kit which uses a K & N filter..... slightly different venturi than the K & N kit, but there's different intake kits out there and folks that run all of them. You can read about the one I mentioned in CaliRaptor's sticky above. Lots of pics, too.
Don't know about a foam lid, but a Pro-Tec lid has a nylon mesh top, which is like running no lid with outwear. If you do a search, bberck has some nice pics of his.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
You can either go with a pro-tec lid or a EHS racing lid. The pro-tec lid is a complete replacement and the ehs can either be bought as a whole lid or you can get the kit to convert your lid cheaper.

I got my pro-tec from rockymountain atv and ive seen the ehs on ebay. :thumbsup:

2 problems with the k&n filter lid shown above

1) It wont work with a pro-design intake and filter since they come all the way to the top of the air box. (and not sure why would want to run two filters)

2) If just running this lid this isnt giving added protection over a pro-design and cant add a after market lid or a prefilter.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all the optionson different lids/filters.
1 question i have for bberck is : with that lid in your pic do you still have a outwear on your filter also? if so cant the lid act like a outwear and then just a filter in the box? or is that what you have?

w69dy: now that is more like i was thinking. but will it help airflow with a k&n intake kit? will a k&n intake kit fit this mod with the bolts inside? this looks lie a cheap fair way to go.. i dont think there are anymoer options like the 2 above,are they?

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
supraman23 said:
thanks for all the optionson different lids/filters.
1 question i have for bberck is : with that lid in your pic do you still have a outwear on your filter also? if so cant the lid act like a outwear and then just a filter in the box? or is that what you have?

w69dy: now that is more like i was thinking. but will it help airflow with a k&n intake kit? will a k&n intake kit fit this mod with the bolts inside? this looks lie a cheap fair way to go.. i dont think there are anymoer options like the 2 above,are they?
You could run a outerwaers cover as well but I dont run one. I use the lid in place of running a outerwears since i run a UNI filter.

I think these are the only 2 options as far as aftermarket lids for a stock air box.

I think the EHS lid will work with a Pro-Design Filter. It may hit a little but not bad enough to worry about.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
The EHS lid will fit withthe prodesign intake with k&N. the stock lid will still go on.....

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you.. mad up my mind....just wanted to check fitment since some of you crossed this path already. :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts