Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The rebuilding begins.. I've decided to jump from my 102mm 11:1 to 105mm 14:1 and prob stick to a +4 mil crank, but I can't seem to find any online. Any ideas where I can shop for one? I know it's a big bore, will a standard sleeve bore out that big?

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Yeah you will get a 105mm sleeve and that will install in your current cylinder. You will also need the cases bored out to fit the 105mm sleeve.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
You will need to get ahold of Terry Gesick, Kenz, or Barker. I know when I was looking for a stroker piston Gesick could order me one in any compression and specs I wanted. Not many people stock the high compression pistons for the 660 as theres not much demand.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
I was recomended to us an aftermarket sleeve @ 102mm bore this due to addition skirt load placed from the +4 crank(barkers). I am probley wrong but i believe the 105mm sleeve is a stock 700 sleeve.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Y dont you just use a 700 head

·
Registered
622 Posts
BTW nh1095mann I'm calling you out and I wanna race yeah once my bikes done ....

·
Registered
622 Posts
Nope but once the bikes done were taking a trip to cali right away :)
But yes a 700 head will work on the 660 and actually u can get more out of the 700 head then the 660

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
700 top end is not a easy swap though. You will need to do a bit more hen you think. Its alot easier to just buy a 700.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
I was recomended to us an aftermarket sleeve @ 102mm bore this due to addition skirt load placed from the +4 crank(barkers). I am probley wrong but i believe the 105mm sleeve is a stock 700 sleeve.
The 700 doesn't have a sleeve from the factory, the cylinder is all one piece with a nikasil coating

102mm is the largest you should go on the stock sleeve.

·
Registered
13 Posts
are you sure a 700 head will work on a 660? if so im really interested how this is made possible cause we looked into doing it before and had no luck. send be a text lets chat about it 435-632-3077 my name is paul

1 - 16 of 16 Posts