Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering where some of you order your jets and needles from. I dont mean kits, i mean seperate parts. No need to buy a dynojet kit without the jets i need in it.

Im looking for aftermarket needles, main 160-165 jets, and 25 pilots.

Thanks for any input

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Have your local dealer get them for you..

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
The only way to get aftermarket needles is to buy a kit. Dynojet,GYTR and Vito's are all I can recall. If you get the GYTR then they use Mikuni jets that go up to 160 IIRC and come with the 25 pilots you need. If you get the jet kit then you can just stop at a local shop and pick up a 165 if you need it. Also the kits arent that much when you have to by all the stuff anyway.

·
Registered
164 Posts
If you need to go up to 165 mains, the Vito's jet kit comes with it. It also comes with aftermarket air/fuel mixture screws that allow you to make adjustments without removing the carbs. Very nice feature.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.

The local dealer isnt an option, most of their employees are retarded, or family members of the owner. They dont like helping you on small stuff unless you spend alot of money there. The Kawi dealer is great, but they dont sell yammy parts. :( Last few items I got were wrong and they didnt take them back, not even my error, the girl ordered for the wrong year.

Ive used Vito's 240bigbore on my cousins blaster so I went with them. Thanks cardgabe, I had forgot about them making raptor stuff. I really like those screws it comes with. I couldnt find a gytr kit, they were sold out everywhere. Ill post back when i get it installed, hope it cures the top end stumble.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
i was shopping around for a kit and went with vitos simply because of those those screws. those damn things save so much time when your tuning. and it came with stickers which is a huge plus.:thumbsup: i have a sticker fetish :lol:

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
i was shopping around for a kit and went with vitos simply because of those those screws. those damn things save so much time when your tuning.
Yes because the ability to easily turn a screw on the bottom of the carb is more important than how the machine actually performs.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
jets perform differently huh? :lol:

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
jets perform differently huh? :lol:
They can, the taper that is cut on the inside and in the inlet hole affects how much fuel they flow. It isnt just determined by the size of the hole.

The needle does wich is where 80% or more of your riding occurs. I bet vito's sat down and dyno tuned and tested 100's of different needles.

I wouldn't run a sub standard pair of needles in order to gain 2 extended fuel screws, especially when they can be adjusted with a straigh blade tip from a drill or cordless screwdriver.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Jets are the same but the needles are different though, that is what he is talking about.
Glad some one else can see it.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Oooo oh so shiny

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oooo oh so shiny

Instead of saying party A sucks, go with party B. How about explaining why the Dynojet needles are so much better than the mikuni.... They are mikuni carbs....

And damn you for finding the gytr set lol, my search didnt work too well. \

And that lure is crap...atleast around here. Topwater chugs baby. :)

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Yamaha (GYTR) and Dynojet both spent time and money developing and testing different needle combos. Different lenght, taper, and straight diameter combinations. All of wich affect jetting between the 1/4 and 3/4 throttle positions. Straigt diamter affects around 1/4 throttle (just above the pilot jet). Needle taper effects the transision from the needle to the main jet ( around 3/4 throttle). Needle length affects the jetting from 1/4 to 3/4 throttle.

Then vito's comes along and tries to match up a needle that is a "close enough" copy. Heck all it has to do is look different than the stock needle and run ok then people wont think twice about it. After all it is just an "aftermarket needle" and they are all the same right? Put 2 red snazzy red lures with it that you can't buy seperatly and it will sell like hot cakes.

I am not really knocking the actual fuel screws. They are handy, but I wouldn't run a vito's kit just so I could get a pair. That is the verry reason why vito's doesn't sell them seperatly, and the only reason why people buy / recomend the kit. I would live with out them and run a better jet kit. It isnt like you have to always be adjusting them. You can adjust the fuel screws with the carbs on the raptor with out them.

I am not knocking the GYTR needles ethire. If you want to run mikuni mains get the GYTR kit. If you dont mind the different numbering system of the dynojet kit get it. It doesnt really matter to me what number is on the main jet. If it is lean you go bigger. If it is rich you go smaller. The jetting process is the same.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
They can, the taper that is cut on the inside and in the inlet hole affects how much fuel they flow. It isnt just determined by the size of the hole.

The needle does wich is where 80% or more of your riding occurs. I bet vito's sat down and dyno tuned and tested 100's of different needles.

I wouldn't run a sub standard pair of needles in order to gain 2 extended fuel screws, especially when they can be adjusted with a straigh blade tip from a drill or cordless screwdriver.
I'm not runnin a sub par set of needles. My exhuast came with needles and mains but no pilots. I ordered the vitos kit to get pilots and the thumb screws. Did the picture of the lure come with the dildo that's lodged in your anus or are you having a bad day? Your awful quick to attack someone. Perhaps in the future you should gather the full story before you do so. The cordless bit is a good idea and also easy to lose/misplace. Unlike you I don't have a posses a third eye that allows me to see into the future, so I don't know how my bike will run when I get to a park. It may need some tweekage and it may not. I like knowing that I have the ability to do so with a part installed on the bike and I Don't have to hunt for anything. To each their own though. My Vito's kit may be holding me back from a couple hp. Who knows? I know my bike keeps up with a Yfz with intake, exhaust And a cam mod. I think she's running just fine for being what you call "subpar"

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
i was shopping around for a kit and went with vitos simply because of those those screws. those damn things save so much time when your tuning.
I was just going on the information that was provided. This is the most common responce when anybody talks about a vitos kit.

How do you figure I am slamming your subpar jetting when: #1 I was only talking about the needles. #2 your not running the needles ?

All I am saying is i wouldnt buy their jet kit to jet my raptor. I would buy a GYTR or Dynojet. Then if I HAD to have the extend fuel screws I would do like what you did. There is nothing wong with the Genuine Mikuni mains, and pilots in vito's kit.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I bet vito's sat down and dyno tuned and tested 100's of different needles.

I wouldn't run a sub standard pair of needles
Not being a dick, but where did you pull this info from? Did you ask the company if they tested anything, or is this an assumption? What did you read, or what tests have you done to know the needles are substandard? Just looking for facts is all, im always up for a read. :)

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Do you think they would actually own up to it if some one asked them?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts