Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am thinking about getting a new stem / bar combo. Not so sure which - Houser, Lonestar, Tag??? Any suggestions, Also Where does the key end up with this mod.

·
Registered
786 Posts
i didnt get a new stem but i got the trailtech xbars with the new dash for the vapor and the key goes on the back side of the bars, just enough room to get the gas cap off. I like it alot. The bars are a little shorter than stock but the clamp raises it up so its about stock. I think it fits me better now.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I got the Dr. D reverse lever right away so when I put my Fasst Flex bars on this weekend I just put a hole in the reverse lever block off plug and mounted the ignition there.

Jay

·
Registered
610 Posts
That's the way to go. Dr D reverse levers rule :grin_nod: And the empty hole (with plug) is already there for different key placement.

·
Registered
287 Posts
RaptorGrandpa said:
I popped a hole in the left fender in the same position as the reverse lever on the right.
I did the same thing. it was easy and works good. I'm sure the dr d is the way to go though. then put it in the old reverse spot.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Dr d reverse lever, is it an easy install? Any cons to it?

·
Registered
657 Posts
I thought it was very easy to do. I found that standing the bike up on end and removing the skid plate to be the quickest way. The directions are good but you will have to bend the cable guide toward the motor a little bit to get the proper play in the cable. I really can't think of any cons however I never even rode the bike with stock revers knob.

Jay

·
Registered
610 Posts
Ditto what Jay said. I didn't take anything off (skids or plastic) and had just a little trouble fishing it, but would do it again that way if I had to. The mounting bracket will need tweaked like Jay said, too and the adjustment nuts ran all the way in. After a little usage some more play in the cable will develop. My lever sits a little closer than what it's supposed to, but it's easier to reach here and gives me enough room for my Vapor's handlebar mount.

·
Registered
331 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts