Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer thinks their machine's are gold. They want list price, period. I am going to buy an '07 700R and an '07 350 wolverine for the wife. Since I am financing this through my credit union I want to buy from someone who can include exhaust (LTE duals), Shocks (Elka's), Filter setup (Pro design?), Controller (PC3?), Skids, & Heel guards in the price.

Is it worth it for me to buy out of state & pay shipping?

Due to the fact that this will essentialy be a "Ca$h" deal for them, I'd think I could get a pretty decent out the door, "package" price from someone.

Thoughts?

G

·
Where do you live? Abernathys Cycles have some great prices IMO, but don't know ifthey will include any aftermarket stuff may have to ask them.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live in Vernal, Utah. I've seen Raptors on Ebay for $5850.00 plus $700.00 for shipping. This was from someone in Wisconsin.....

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
Lancester said:
My dealer thinks their machine's are gold. They want list price, period. I am going to buy an '07 700R and an '07 350 wolverine for the wife. Since I am financing this through my credit union I want to buy from someone who can include exhaust (LTE duals), Shocks (Elka's), Filter setup (Pro design?), Controller (PC3?), Skids, & Heel guards in the price.

Is it worth it for me to buy out of state & pay shipping?

Due to the fact that this will essentialy be a "Ca$h" deal for them, I'd think I could get a pretty decent out the door, "package" price from someone.

Thoughts?
If you pay cash, or you finance it, the price is the same and it's all cash by the end of the day. Most dealers would rather you finance it since most are paid a small dividen by the finance companies.

~Brian

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I work for the school district out here so I can get 7% through their credit union. This would basically make it a ca$h deal for whomever I buy from. I just want to get a good deal & get all the accessories built into the price....

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
Lancester said:
I work for the school district out here so I can get 7% through their credit union. This would basically make it a ca$h deal for whomever I buy from. I just want to get a good deal & get all the accessories built into the price....
There was someone that posted the invoice price of a new Raptor about a year ago.

If memory serves me, the base model invoiced for around 5350, and that should include the assembly out of the crate. Dealer has 3% hold back of the invoice cost, so if you still bought it for invoice they make 3%. I can't speak for the special editions, I would expect the shocks, graphics, etc to be a $500-750 bump if I was guessing, but I'm not sure.

Out the door, You should be able to purchase a 2007 Raptor for around $5400-5500 before your state and local taxes if you can find a volume dealer.

~Brian

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any suggestion's on a "volume" dealer?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those are great prices but they don't ship. I'll have to keep looking, maybe for someone closer... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
most of the dealerships don't ship them themselves, but any dealer should be happy to find a shipping company for you, i lived in cali and i wanted a white one (this was before 07 was avail) and i ended up buying it in MN, they found me a shipping company and sent it to me for 450$, they asembled it first, then put it back on it's same crate and sent it to a yamaha dealer that i had been trying to buy from in cali, the dlr in cali made no money from me, but they were nice guys and used their own time and forklift to unload for me and store it till i could pick it up, infact i couldn't even pick it up myself, i was working overtime and i had a couple buddys of mine go and get it, so yeah, i just showed up home from work one day and there it was! but regarding shipping the lowest estimate was 450 and up to 1700.00!!! they had to call around quite a bit to find one for 450.00, but if your looking to do something like that i bought my rappy at bemidji sports center in bemidji Mn, this was back when in cali they wanted retail for an 06,and since white was the hot color they wouldn't budge under 7100.00 otd, with shipping i got mine for 6700.00 otd, so i figure it was worth the hassle to get the color i wanted. good luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
684 Posts
I can get you one from Sierra Yamaha for 6600.00 OTD and I do the mods for them and they sell it as new. You can also make the trip to here and back in one day, a long day but still one day.

Sand Demon Motorsports
1 530 832 9696
1 877 GOT DYNO

·
Registered
6 Posts
I pick mine up on this coming sat from Abernathy's. I got a left over 06 for $5484.00 out the door. Thats the cheapest I could find. They sell 07's for $5884.00.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Several of the Dealers here in the Phoenix area have the '07's that cheap. You can get the '07 YFZ450 for $5495 and the '07 Raptor 700 for $ 5699 + the normal taxes etc...

-Johnny

·
Registered
148 Posts
I wish they had one of these dealers down here in Florida.if they did I wold have a brand new one next week.The guys are selling them used for this price..or trying to at least.Mississippi is the closest for $6k to me.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sparky yfz said:
I can get you one from Sierra Yamaha for 6600.00 OTD and I do the mods for them and they sell it as new. You can also make the trip to here and back in one day, a long day but still one day.

Sand Demon Motorsports
1 530 832 9696
1 877 GOT DYNO
I'd be interested in this. I'd like to see a package price on the 700R, a 350 wolverine, and then I want to add in some aftermarket parts now so that they are included in the financing. My local dealer doesn't seem to want to mess with that part. I would install the parts but I'd like to get them now. The parts would be:

Elka's built for my weight & riding style
Barker duals
Pro design with foam filter
PC III
15 tooth front sprocket
Belly & swingarm skids

I'm sure this can be done if someone just wants to make a little effort & I'm ready to pull the trigger right now if the deal is right.
Also, what would I end up paying for taxes when I went to register them? I'm guessing property tax & registration but no slaes tax?

Where are you located?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I see where you are located. It would be a full day out & a full day back for me as I am in the eastern side of Utah. I am interested though, please let me know what you can do.

Also, I'm guessing I'd still be eligible for the $600.00 worth of rebates that are available on the two machines?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Front page bump.....

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Man, that's a great price. I need to find one closer to me. Utah, Colorado, Nevada or Wyoming.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts