Raptor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to do my first oil change. It has been about 8hrs riding and a tank and a half of gas. Where can I buy an oil filter besides the dealer because they usually charge an arm and a leg. What oil filters fit the raptor 700? I searched but to no avail.

P.S. The admin should make a sticky of the air and oil filters that fit the 660 and 700.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Ebay

But why would you risk your engine with some no name filter?

The Yamaha filter is cheap compared to what you could pay to hurt the engine.

I could never understand why some cheap out when it comes to something as impoartant as a filter?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am not trying to be cheap. I just dont want to overpay. I guess I will just go to the dealer.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Wasn't reffering to you as being cheap, just a general statement. Sorry

Let us know what you pay for a filter, I will do the same, and maybe others can so we can see where the deals are.

I know that my dealer will match and beat a price if I just point him in the direction of a better deal.

After shipping it it cheaper for me to just buy some parts local.

I do not have my bill with me, but when I do get it I will post what I paid for the filter, oil, etc.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
overy pay? a yamaha filter shoulnt be but 6$ ... 6$x3 for yamalube....

around 25-28$ do it yourself.... vs goin to wally world payin 1.99 for car oil that has additives that will mess up your wet clutch ... save a few bucks = not worth it

·
Registered
182 Posts
i got a fram filter from a local shop by my house, was only $4.00, not sure what the number was though

·
Registered
348 Posts
E-Bay currently has several filters but the HiFlo Filtro brand is what my dealer sells as "factory" and I have had no complaints with the ones I run. The guy is throttlefast.net Through e-bay the price is 9.95+3.95 S&H for 3 filters no tax. Good guy Iget mine from him. Hope this helps Hairballusmaximus

·
Registered
224 Posts
I know some of you are going to hate this, but I just bought a Scotts filter for my 700. I figured $69 will pay for itself pretty fast. Plus there are magnets in the filter to catch debris. I really like the idea of never buying a filter again :thumbsup:
www.scottsonline.com

·
Registered
129 Posts
Let us know how that filter works. I have really thinking about getting one but I want someone else to try it out first :grin_nod:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I decided to just go to the dealer and get a filter it was $10.60 including tax. I am alos lookin to use mobil one

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
good oil = YAMAHLUBE - amsoil

BAAAD erl= mobil 1 - castrol -walmart specials

·
Registered
348 Posts
Wal-Mart sells two brands of 4-stroke motor cycle oil mobil 1 4-stroke mc oil and I believe castrol 20-50 4 stroke mc oil are these ok? all I have used so far is yamalube 20-40. Mobil 1 seems high in price but the castrol was only 2 something a quart, but if its not as good as yamalube probably not worth the risk.

D

·
0 Posts
i bought a scotts reusable oil filter at my dealer for 60 bucks and it works awesome. You can clean it with soap or brake clean.save you money in the long run.

D

·
0 Posts
I wouldnt know, contact your local yamaha and see if the factory is the same. I'd rather pay 60 for a stainless lifetime than 10 for a crappy paper one. :thumbsup: good investment

·
Registered
665 Posts
im gonna get the scotts no-doubt!! what is the "best" way to clean them? i mean what is the best "solvent " to use i have heard of everything from brake cleaner to dish detergent what is the best?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts