Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Don't Hesitate Accelerate
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so i'm wondering when your measuring the chain slack do you measure the top of the chain link both ways(pushing down then up), or do you measure the bottom of the chain link when pressing down and the top part of the link when pulling up? The picture in the manual doesn't really show.

·
Registered
128 Posts
How I measured mine was with a ruler, not sure if this is correct or not, but I went to about the middle of the top part of the chain, and kept the ruler straight with the chain (so the ruler is on a slight angle) and then I would pull up on the bottom part of the chain so there was about 2" of slack or whatever it is supposed to be, can't remember.

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
It would seem, from what I can understand by reading the manual and looking around. You measure the chain between the drive axle and rear axle, so about half way. Get a ruler and measure the center of the chain movement and you should be within 0.98 ~ 1.38 in. <0.98 would be too tight, while >1.38 in. is too loose.

You could use the top only, bottom only or center only of the chain. What ever works for you, but you want to find the total travel of one point.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
You measure chain slack at the loosest point which is the top in the center point between the sprockets.

·
Don't Hesitate Accelerate
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It would seem, from what I can understand by reading the manual and looking around. You measure the chain between the drive axle and rear axle, so about half way. Get a ruler and measure the center of the chain movement and you should be within 0.98 ~ 1.38 in. <0.98 would be too tight, while >1.38 in. is too loose.

You could use the top only, bottom only or center only of the chain. What ever works for you, but you want to find the total travel of one point.
Thanks, exactly what i needed to know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts