Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently got some flexx bars and 2" rox riser bar clamps. i need to find a place to relocate the key to. im going to drill holes for the indicator lights in the hood so im not worried about those.
so for those of you who got fancy and moved your key, if you dont mind, post up some pics of where you moved it to
thanks

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I put mine where the reverse knob is. First you need the DRD reverse lever though. It moves the reverse to your bars.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
i recently got some flexx bars and 2" rox riser bar clamps. i need to find a place to relocate the key to. im going to drill holes for the indicator lights in the hood so im not worried about those.
so for those of you who got fancy and moved your key, if you dont mind, post up some pics of where you moved it to
thanks
Mine went in the reverse switch hole, RH fender................:)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is there a billet plate or anything needed to put the key in the reverse hole?

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
The billet plug ain't really needed but make it look way better lol

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i thought there was something else needed to put the key in the reverse knob location?

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I ran it without the billet piece for awhile then I bought the billet piece it looks better and more professional. I think I drilled a hole thru the fender plug DRD sent with reverse knob.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i was wanting to do my key like segkast did his. it was mounted to his frame but i cant zoom in on the pictures i found close enough to really see whats going on. im trying not to have to buy anything else for my bike until next year.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Pm Seg about it he seems like a cool guy.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i did earlier. seems like he hasnt been on for a while..
he may not want me bitin his style either, which i totally understand

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
He probably just on another forum he'll be back soon

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I believe I used and oring for a spacer since the hole is slightly bigger and also used a larger stainless steel washer on top and bottom of the fender.

My reverse lever went to the handle bars and I used a cold start lever from a dirt bike to operate it, much easier then having to reach to the fender.............

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
I drilled a hole on the left fender opposite the reverse knob. Looks like it's supposed to be there, plus it's free.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah that's what I'm lookin for is free. That's probably what I'll end up doin if I don't hear from segkast. I like willys idea too I just don't wanna buy the dr d kit.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I cut a peice of the "dash" where the key was at originally. That way the key stays in place because of the little slot it has cut into it that the key switch has. I then used the original plastic nut between the fender, then the "washer" behind the fender. I had to trim the headlight bracket too.

So it kinda went like this
Plastic nut |(fender) |(washer)

So trim headlight bracket, cut the round section of the original plastic dash...take off the plastic nut from the switch, slide washer onto the switch, slide switch into the reverse knob hole from under the fender, thread the nut and tighten.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks for the explanation eddie. i appreciate it man

1 - 16 of 16 Posts