Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Im heading to silver lake sand dunes early next week (monday - thursday), and im looking for some recommended places to stay. Looking for a room, wont be tenting this time.

thanks,
;)

·
Registered
164 Posts
+1 for Sierra Sands. I've also stayed at Silver Sands I think? (Right at the roundabout with the restaurant next door). Both are nice.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Hey all,
Im heading to silver lake sand dunes early next week (monday - thursday), and im looking for some recommended places to stay. Looking for a room, wont be tenting this time.

thanks,
;)
Have fun. I think that LangFord is going on the 16th. You might see him.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sierra sands looks great. Nice and close too with good rates. Thanks for the advice.

Rappy97, ill have to send u pics when i get back.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
I started out at the state park last time I was up there and due to inclement weather ended up moving over to the Silver Sands. Was very nice and I would definitely stay there again. A friend of mine won't stay anywhere except for Sierra Sands, so I'd say you can't go wrong with either place.

BTW, I'm jealous to all my fellow Michiganders and those close enough to be able to get to Silver Lake right now. I can't get there yet, hopefully I'll be home for good before the season is over...

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm trying to get up there this weekend. My buddy that I normally go with has his Suzuki Samurai under repair right now. I'm not sure if I'll head up there alone or not.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
+1 for the Sierra Sands, decent rooms, decent rates, and good parking for trailers. We stay there all the time. A few of us planned on hitting the dunes this coming weekend also, but the weather may keep that from happening...high 30's and snow/rain mix. Not my idea of good riding weather.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I agree Langford. The weather is going to be less than prime for riding. I'm hoping my buddy gets his transfer case fixed in his Samurai. I doubt I'll head up there by myself... somehow seems less safe to me.

·
Registered
664 Posts
The forecast for the 16th just sucks...Im itchin to go along with a couple of others here but dealing with the weather may be too much.

·
Sand Slinger Extraordinaire
234 Posts
We always stay at the Silver Sands. Closer to where the "action" is in town I guess, lol. Plus, we like to sit out on the balcony in the evenings and watch the go carts across the street while putting back a couple brews. Plus, my favorite pizza joint is across the street at The Pointe.

Never stayed at the Sierra Sands, but have never heard any complaints about it either.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts