Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where's a good spot to mount a license plate? I'd like to avoid the grab bar because I don't want it to cover the brake light, plus I want to still be able to have full use of the grab bar. I've seen some guys mount them behind the heel guards. Any other good ideas?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Pez,

I have seen some people put the license plate on the swing arm right above where the skid plate would be ending.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I had mine on the side of the grab bar. I put a couple zip ties around the grab bar itself and then used a couple more to fasten the plate to those ties. Sure, it wasn't technically legal because it wasn't facing the rear, but I would have argued the point of not covering up the brake light if I had ever been pulled over. You only have so many places on a sport quad as you know.
It sits on my porch now.... :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
This is how I did it on my, in Sweden, streetlegal Raptor.
I changed the bolt that holds the rear fender to a longer one, made a bracket for the licensplate and attached it with a hexnut to the bolt.
(I hope you can understand what the swede means :))

·
Registered
767 Posts
Canadian bikes come with a mount stock. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I used some alum and bent it to make my own mount, it attaches under the back plastic on the left side using a grab bar bolt and a support bolt. Its out of the way, clearly visible and secure

·
Registered
610 Posts
This post had me thinking of mounting my plate again. That and as I was pulling out of my driveway last night the state boys were driving past :eek: If I'm going to be stopped I might as well be legal. It could mean the difference of one less fine to pay ;)

So here it is. Behind the heel guard and held on with zip-ties. Two around the top bar and through each hole and one around the bottom to keep it from rattling.

·
Registered
767 Posts
The mount that came on my bike locates the plate just under the brake light, you can just barely see it in this pic.

I can't take a better pic right now as I'm on holidays, but will when I get back.

·
Registered
490 Posts
i didnt want to hide my "undertail" so i mounted it to my top bolt on the swing arm/shock linkage :thumbsup:
and no it doesnt hit the shock or the under tail

·
Registered
78 Posts
just turn the oem plate and attach your plate on it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
pacanis said:
This post had me thinking of mounting my plate again. That and as I was pulling out of my driveway last night the state boys were driving past :eek: If I'm going to be stopped I might as well be legal. It could mean the difference of one less fine to pay ;)

So here it is. Behind the heel guard and held on with zip-ties. Two around the top bar and through each hole and one around the bottom to keep it from rattling.

pacanis, thats where i mounted mine too. by the way, do you have one of those aftermarket storage box's mounted? doesnt look like dual exhaust. ive been looking for something like that to no avail.

·
Registered
610 Posts
SE700r said:
pacanis, thats where i mounted mine too. by the way, do you have one of those aftermarket storage box's mounted? doesnt look like dual exhaust. ive been looking for something like that to no avail.
Yeah, I made it out of PVC. Do a search on PVC or storage tube and you should be able to pull up one of my old posts with more pics.

And what do you mean it doesn't look like dualies? :lol: :p

·
Registered
314 Posts
hahaha you did a good job on it, i had to take a second look before i was convinced it wasnt duals :thumbsup:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Some guy at a bar I take the quad to came in and told me that I had lost the baffle out of one of my exhausts :crazy: and this was on his way IN to the palce ::)

·
Registered
314 Posts
thats too funny! :lol: :beer:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Diddly said:
Canadian bikes come with a mount stock. :thumbsup:
If Canadian bikes come with a stock license plate mount, then maybe I can order one here? I'll call my dealer, and if it's not too pricey, I'll just order one of them.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I was just looking at it and it uses a different grab bar as well (mounting points for reflectors, and the plate mount).

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Diddly,
Can you post some good pictures of it, showing how it's mounted, and maybe I can just fabricate my own. You said the grab bar is different? Is the license plate mount attached to the grab bar somehow? Thanks!

·
Registered
767 Posts
Here they are, sorry for the wait. From factory the plate is mounted about 1" lower with a reflector above, I removed the reflector and tucked the plate up higher.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts