Raptor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys do these things have a shut off valve for the gasoline? I cant find it anywhere and i dont see it in the manual. I know my 660 had one but the 700 is fuel injected and maybe there isnt one?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
The 700 doesnt have one.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
It's fuel enjected!! That means the electric fuel pump is the shut off valve. When there's NO electric power to the pump it's shut off. Put power to it and it's turned on. :)

·
Registered
352 Posts
size12 said:
Bro it will run upside down, with fuel injection it dont make a difference :thumbsup:
No I wont :confused: hahaha It shuts off found that out first hand. We've had her on its lid a couple times :thumbsup:
So running upside down is out of the books.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Beeznutz700r said:
size12 said:
Bro it will run upside down, with fuel injection it dont make a difference :thumbsup:
No I wont :confused: hahaha It shuts off found that out first hand. We've had her on its lid a couple times :thumbsup:
So running upside down is out of the books.

....There are tip/angle sensors

·
Registered
584 Posts
Yea, find the sensor cut the wires and splice them back together. Ill check my service manual and see if it does have any kind of sensor like that.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I do wheelies on the grab bar at damn near 90 degress and it has never cut out or died on me.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Mine ran on it's side / 30 degrees inverted for about 30 seconds when I I snap rolled it. It did a full revolution in the air, landed sort of on the wheels, then slow rolled on it's side. I tried like hell to get to it quick to flip it back over but I had no air due to a broken rib.

·
Registered
517 Posts
The "tip sensor" is more than likely just the sump in the tank running dry due to it being upside down and not getting fuel.

It runs just fine upside down, but only for a few seconds, about as long as it would take to burn the fuel in the line.

JMO

·
Registered
767 Posts
Hallz said:
The "tip sensor" is more than likely just the sump in the tank running dry due to it being upside down and not getting fuel.

It runs just fine upside down, but only for a few seconds, about as long as it would take to burn the fuel in the line.

JMO
Nope, there is an actual mercury switch.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Diddly said:
Hallz said:

JMO
Nope, there is an actual mercury switch.

That would be smart, were is it located?

·
Registered
21 Posts
The Lean Angle Sensor is located right in front of the battery if you were sitting on the bike. It isn't mercury filled either, It is actually a metal donut on a u shaped conductor and when it touches the sides it kills the bike. It isn't fool proof though. To get around it you need to take it apart and fill it with epoxy. If you just disconnect it you will get an error code.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.