Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks in advance for help with this decision!

I want to add beadlock wheels but am undecided about which ones t o get. ITPs would be my first choice however they seem pretty bulky. Douglas wheels are a very good wheel too. I know there are others too so your input is very much appreciated. :help:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Have you looked at Hipers?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Any bright aluminum beadlock wheels are one and one thing only a BITCH to keep clean and shiney...if you like your wheeler clean between rides, go with HiPers, very easy to clean and look trick when they are!

Additionally, here is another suggestion, do not go with Black Powder Coated wheels, I know I am an intergral part of the largest and most organized ATV Club of Pennsylvania...and I will only tell you that these wheels look sweet right out of the box, but with one season they WILL be chipped and look likke SHIT!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SEVEN00 said:
Any bright aluminum beadlock wheels are one and one thing only a BITCH to keep clean and shiny...if you like your wheeler clean between rides, go with HiPers, very easy to clean and look trick when they are!
Bright wheels were at the top of my list anyway, and that's what I have now. I haven't found cleaning the bright wheels to be an issue yet, but I don't go for the high polished after being used look either. I just soak the quad down with that purple cleaner and pressure wash it. Dirt comes right off wheels and all. :thumbsup:

The Hiper wheels are black, though I think they might really be great wheels. I don't want black wheels (at least initially) unless info gathered here indicates that this is the best way to go.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
If money is not a problem then i would get these. Omf beadlocks. This is what im running but they are expensive.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can you recommend a place to get the OMFs? They're black though....:eek:)

·
Registered
988 Posts
I have aluminum OMFs on the Rear hopefully ill get a set of fronts here sometime also, i like em

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Go to OMFPERFORMANCE.COM
You can get them cheaper if you want all polished. These were powdercoated and anodized for an extra price of 50.00 per wheel. Tell them that you are a member of yfzcentral.com for a discount.

·
Registered
562 Posts
TEXAS700 said:
If money is not a problem then i would get these. Omf beadlocks. This is what im running but they are expensive.
LET'S SEE SOME PICS OF THE WHEELS ON YOUR QUAD....

·
Registered
988 Posts
Heres a set of Douglas Rears on mine and then also my set of OMFs :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
here is one installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
TEXAS700 said:
here is one installed.
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
mine were 850.00 for the set as they look. You could save around 200.00 if you went with plain chrome. Each ring is 10.00 to anodize and each rim is 40.00 to powdercoat. The wheels are 150.00 each if you tell them you are a member of yfzcentral. If not they are 200.00 each. plus shipping

·
Registered
312 Posts
TEXAS700, who did you get your wheels from? I cant find a way to order from OMF, they just have links to their dealers.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
call them direct. talk to bones. 951-354-8272

·
Registered
988 Posts
I have a set of OMF Fronts coming to compliment my rears, Should be Awesome!!! il post pics then, anyway i gotta say Texas700 you have 1 OUTRAGOUSLY AWESOME machine!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts