Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Blue

Votes: 5 25.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting my frame and a arms powder coated soon and I am having a hard time deciding which color. I photoshopped a few examples. The one with the orange grille and seat, is just an idea.

Also, I have been told that while taking your frame to get powder coated you should have it acid dipped vs. sandblasted. Any tips?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Blue or Green. But adding a graphics kit that matches the color you choose would make it way cooler.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
did my 660 gumby green and the 700 i am building is orange , i sand blasted , it just worked out that way, i think white would look very cool with some graphics!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
I like a bright orange (like KTM orange) because it contrasts nicely with black. Otherwise what about an all black frame?

·
Registered
428 Posts
i like that green one best

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Green or red

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
+1 black frame could be pretty stealth with the grey plastics. plus if you ever wanna change plastics black goes with everything.:cool:
X3

Flat Black

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow, the poll is incredibly close. I am not going to decide based solely on the poll or anything, but I was hoping to eliminate one color! Orange is my personal favorite color. The blue was the one I was leaning AGAINST because I don't want anyone to think I took an older 660 and put the newer plastic on it.

I am also noticing a pattern. Everyones replies match their quads! haha

·
Registered
135 Posts
I vote satin black. Like you mentioned its hard not to pick one like your own.

I need a newer pic of mine finished but here is what I did.

Oh and I had mine bead blasted not sure of the negative effect. Any reason you where told acid dip is better then bead blast? They will both remove a little surfacemetal and the blasting will be like mini shot peening and remove some residule stress from the drawn tube which might help prevent cracking.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts