Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FINALLY got state taxes back and gonna be getting the big 3 from TQS. I was gonna get the Dobeck GEN3, but I might do internals later down the road. Cam and piston would probly be it. I do trails, but like to ride hard and fast sometimes. Nobody has 700s that I ride with, they are all 450s and constantly giving me shit about my Raptor. I don't really want to spend crazy money for a controller, but want to be able to adjust if I do anything to the motor. DMC Force 4s, foam filter, and Dobeck is what I was gonna get. Lots of mud where I ride....

I looked around and couldn't find what the 'best" controller is....

·
Registered
60 Posts
The pc3 is a very good controller! It is also easy to program! The pc5 is the new model. I am running this fuel controller! Very easy to install. Pretty much plug a play! After installed just load software to your pc. Plug your quad into the computer via USB cable. Then you can choose your map setup DMC and foam air. Sync map and then you are ready to rock! If you know how to mess with fuel/air tables start quad with quad plugged into cp and you can adjust all numbers. If you don't...... the pc5 also has a auto tune. Auto tune is a awesome feature! It's a o2 sensor that you tig weld into your header! Auto tune is plugged into the pc5 and sends the proper air/fuel adjustments. Auto tune adjusts new maps all the time for optimal performance for your set up! After a few rides plug quad in and sync new map! Prices vary a lot so go on tqsatv And eBay and price them out! Both set ups would be very good controllers especially if your want to do internal mods!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dont' really have easy way to tune with a computer. My sis has a laptop, but she lives 2 1/2 hours away..

I will probly KISS, (keep it simple stupid) and go with the Gen 3. I say I'm gonna do the internals, but with all the other crap I have going on, doubt it will be anytime soon. Appreciate the help!!!!

Now I wonder if I order it today, if it could be here, installed and tuned by the 7th....Poker run that day....

·
Registered
60 Posts
No problem!!! Anytime.... Riders help out other riders! Depending on your location. You could probably have your stuff shipped in a week! Rip up the dirt.... Keep tires dirt side down!!! 450 riders knock 700 riders because they are intimidated!!!!!!!! Lol good luck on your set up

·
Registered
305 Posts
From what others have posted, TQS will preload the PC5 with a map that will work for you when you order the Big 3 from them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can you use the PC5 on the 06 - 09 Raptors? When you go to the PowerCommander website it shows a split there and when you select teh 06-08 you don't have an option for PC5

·
Registered
448 Posts
Can you use the PC5 on the 06 - 09 Raptors? When you go to the PowerCommander website it shows a split there and when you select teh 06-08 you don't have an option for PC5
Yes the pcv works with 06+ raptors, I have an 06 and the pcv and it works perfect

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Buy a PC3 or PC5 from TQS with your big 3 like you stated.. It will come pre mapped for your mods. Plug 'n go!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Get the pc5 auto tune and save time with the whole trying to find a map every time you mod that thing,my friend got one and loves it, ya its pricy but consider wear on your engine with washing the oil out of the cyl walls or too lean making heat I see so many raptors with black comming out of the exhaust

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I go with something that requires a laptop to fine tune, what do I have to install on the laptop itself?? Don't want to put a lot of stuff on it since it's my sis's, and if something goes wrong with it I'll never hear the end of it. Also if she isn't here and need to make changes I won't be able to.

I think I'm gonna go with the Gen 3, after I outgrow that, then I'll look into the PC5 or something else. Love to do a turbo, but open air filter-water/mud doesn't normally don't play very well. Not too mention expensive to get it all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts