Raptor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to go ahead and buy some duals, but I wasn't sure which one I would get the most hp out of. I don't care about the sound, just whichever one will give me the most performance. Appreciate any advice. :help:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been doing the same research aswell and it looks like alot of people love the barker in frame duals and are going with it. go to www.techquadshop.com steve will hook you up and he will remap the pc 111 for you. I dont have any mods but when i get the money i will go though him. For the barkers,pro flow intake, and power commander 111 and a blingstar victory bumper. To ship it to alaska thats were i am stationed its only 20.00 to ship so all that will cost 1267.00 thats with shipping included. I dont think that is too bad and he said he will map the pc111 for you. just my .02 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
669 Posts
stay with the barkers or L.T.E.s if you want to do moter worck down the road my D.M.C.s did not have a good h.p. curve and i will be geting new ones soon :thumbsup:

·
Registered
67 Posts
barkers all the way. ltes leak, hit rear shock on special edditions. and dont fit well. barkers dont do any of that. theyre perfect!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just put the Barkers on and they are great. On the top end (6500 - 8000) they are only about a horse better than the ron woods on my build, but on the bottom to mid they are a good 3-5 horse and 3-5ftlbs tq better. Well worth the money, but the ron woods gives it a run for its money on the top end.

My build:
CP 12:1
stage 3 cam
+1 valves
Venom/KBR porting
Power comander

·
Registered
262 Posts
Any Chance you have these dyno charts marty I'd love to see them....and yes LTE's leak mine leaked the first day I got them I put silcone gasket crap in the pipe areas to help them seal

·
Registered
66 Posts
I will try to list it.

The lowest hp and tq run was with the ron woods pipe. The other three are Barker runs with different filters. Where it says power adder in the spec list for a couple runs was for a filter from autozone called power adder. it was not on nitrous or anything. I think its the same big filter Rocket Factory runs and its pretty cheap to buy. The bes run was with a huge K&N filter made for a car. I said the barkers were only about a horse more on top, even though it shows a couple, because I gained about a half a horse from the filters, and another half from running in 5th gear instead of 4rth. I hope all that made sence.

·
Registered
66 Posts
another side note. This was on KBR's dyno that seems to read a little lower than average. A well tuned 3 mod raptor 700 pulls about 44 horse on this dyno.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Whats akward about your dyno is the dip you have at 6.5k mine doesn't have it keep in mind though I have no intake porting at all just exhaust and only +1 exhaust valves

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
I also have my LTE's modified as in the staged entrance at the begining of like 1 3/8 is upped to 1 3/4 I believe I could be wrong

·
Registered
66 Posts
The only place the woods pipe out pulled the barkers was where the power completely droped off at 8000 rpm which is unusable. It may be different compared to the LTE's. Im not sure why I have that dip around 6500 rpms. We had the air fuel mixture tunned in pretty good and tried different things to get it to go away, but nothing worked. You can see on my graph that it was there with the woods pipe and the Barkers so I think it is just something with my build. My build is a stock bore stock stroke.

·
Registered
77 Posts
hard to make it out but the woods actually out pulls the lte's from 6700 on....add a cam to the equation and that curve with the woods would be better IMO

again this is a bolt on bike i personally would rather build my engine configuration for the hill with the woods curve over the lte curve.....again just my preference.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wouldn't the out of frame Barkers get hot on your leg compared to the LTE's that are in frame?

·
Registered
66 Posts
This is my graph with the woods compared to the Barkers. The Lowest hp and tourqe line is from the woods pipe. It is close to the barkers on the top end but is never higher at any point except for where the power completely drops off. This is with a stock bore 12:1 build with stage 3 cam, porting, and +1 valves. Im not nocking the woods pipe because I think it is the best single and could out do duals on some builds. I will be testing the barker inframes against the woods pipe on an 804 soon.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Jman said:
Wouldn't the out of frame Barkers get hot on your leg compared to the LTE's that are in frame?
Jman buy the new inframe barker dual exhaust not the drag ones theres plenty of pictures of them on here and ask Steve at the Tech Quad Shop for a price he sure looked after me and quite a few other raptor forum members and has excellent service too . Oh yeah dont forget to choose your muffler logo colour - red or blue check him out hes 1 of our sponsors .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts