Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Big gun is trash IMO, out of them I would go for DMC, my favorite is barkers or monster

·
Registered
749 Posts
probably hundreds of threads about what duals to pick. all in all, go with whatever you think looks better...really. don't forget your fuel controller when you buy the duals

·
Registered
749 Posts
yep those are a good choice. most duals are so close you can even use a barker power commander map for your DMC's, or i could use a DMC map with my barkers if need be.

·
Registered
437 Posts
ltes are junk 2 cause they use a cross over pipe. if ur talking reagular duals monster barker and dmc are the same. basically no difference you only pick up more horse when you step up to big bore. my brother has dmc force 4s on his and i have monster big bores on mine. both sound great and both perform well. i myself am partial to monsters but i almost bought dmcs befor i got my monsters.

http://s821.photobucket.com/albums/zz139/One_Nasty_Z/?action=view&current=VID_20111126_160944.mp4

this is just a video of us playing around at our house. mines the white one and my brothers is the blue one. his has sparkys in too so is a little louder with those out

·
Registered
191 Posts
Force 4's install easily and mount very well. I didn't like using huge clamps to mount the barkers so went with dmc's. Mine sound good and look good to me, it will eventually come down to personal preference, what will look good on your raptor

·
Registered
437 Posts
also the dmcs are the only ones that mount to both rear bolt holes. oh and depending on the grab bar you have you might have to do some machining. my brother has the v style grab bar and had to machine it out. i will be getting one to soon and see if the same is needed for the monsters. the monsters are just as easy to put on and even though they are mounted by a single bolt they are super sturdy

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,450 Posts
ltes are junk 2 cause they use a cross over pipe. if ur talking reagular duals monster barker and dmc are the same. basically no difference you only pick up more horse when you step up to big bore. my brother has dmc force 4s on his and i have monster big bores on mine. both sound great and both perform well. i myself am partial to monsters but i almost bought dmcs befor i got my monsters.

http://s821.photobucket.com/albums/zz139/One_Nasty_Z/?action=view&current=VID_20111126_160944.mp4

this is just a video of us playing around at our house. mines the white one and my brothers is the blue one. his has sparkys in too so is a little louder with those out
You won't make more power off big bores with a stock internal engine. They are mainly for built big cc motors.

·
Registered
437 Posts
actually i believe when they did a shoot out they did it with the stock internal engine and it actually did make more power though i could be wrong so dont quote me. i do agree its much more significant if you have a built motor. i plan to big bore mine which is why i went with the big bores myself. but really it doesnt matter duals from any of the big three will rip ya awesome man

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Big gun evo, DMC force 4 duals, or LTE's

opinions on whats best?

or any other suggestions?
Two out of three are less than 615.00 from us, and I'd lean more towards the Force 4's.

I really think you should consider the Barker duals, and no one in their right mind can match our price on those. :D.

www.kbmotorsportsonline.com
270-774-1982

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Check out this thread we did of comparing all the dual systems

http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77784

If you like the DMC's go with them. They fit good, make excellent power, come with dual heatshields, spark arrestors, mount very sturdy on the subframe wiand we sell them at an excellent price (IGNORE OUR WEBSITE PRICING). Give me a call for best pricing.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
The only two choices should be DMC force 4's, and Barker's. I think with fuel controller, and nice intake and filter (FCI), the DMC force 4's make 1 or 2 hp at a certain point in the curve. Not much difference at all, or atleast you won't be able to feel it by riding. Boils down to which style muffler you like, and despite the claims of rough mounting, my Barker's did fine. I used exhaust wrap near my FCI box, on the brake side, zip tied a few wires back, and used heat tape to wrap em. I have a Pro armor rear grab, and the mufflers mount up even, stevens across. Me personally, I think the Barkers have a little bit better sound, but that is just my opinion, or preference. I did enjoy picking the red tags for the mufflers, and love the tips and build. Either one is fine. Youtube em to help you decide.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
From best duals to the worst, how much REAL power difference is there?
Barkers, DMCs, and Monsters all seem to be the best for power. (All I've ever read anyway). Just my opinion, but I don't care for the barkers simply because they come with cheap clamps that seem to break and then ya gotta buy the good clamps. They should come with the good clamps to start with.
I think I like the Big Guns just because they are more unique then the others. Or the Dasa's. Everybody has Barkers, Monsters, n DMCs... Blah same ol same ol...

I'd be interested in seeing pics of the left side silemcer mount on all of 'em though. I still have to do that to mine.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
From best duals to the worst, how much REAL power difference is there?
Barkers, DMCs, and Monsters all seem to be the best for power. (All I've ever read anyway). Just my opinion, but I don't care for the barkers simply because they come with cheap clamps that seem to break and then ya gotta buy the good clamps. They should come with the good clamps to start with.
I think I like the Big Guns just because they are more unique then the others. Or the Dasa's. Everybody has Barkers, Monsters, n DMCs... Blah same ol same ol...

I'd be interested in seeing pics of the left side silemcer mount on all of 'em though. I still have to do that to mine.
My Barker's were under $600 I believe, brand new. I don't remember upgrading to better clamps, and mine work fine. Basic metal style, with rubber linings. Left side, right side, even stevens across on mine 8)

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
You say under 600 like it's a good price! LOL It's a comparable price to the other systems out there but 600 bucks is crazy for 2 mufflers and a very few feet of pipe. But then, just about all atv parts are crazy expensive too. LOL Even worse is the fact that I probably have that much in my duals too... :( Hahaha But you'll never see another set like mine and that makes it worthwhile to me. It's all in what ya like.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.