Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Single or dual which one shows the best #'s

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Duals look killer, but why add the extra weight, why not go with a single?

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have dynoed a lot and I mean a lot of Rap700 exhaust systems and we even manufacturer our own(over 15 years in the pipe business). Here is my 2 cents... Depending on your riding conditions each has its advantages. A single exhaust that has a collector helps build low-end and mid-range power, where a dual does the opposite. Duals will usually loose on the front side by a few compared to a single but pull away on the top-end and over-rev. In a nutshell if you want all around gains a single is the answer. If you want top-end power then go for some duals.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Cola Crew
1,368 Posts
(I have dynoed a lot and I mean a lot of Rap700 exhaust systems and we even manufacturer our own(over 15 years in the pipe business). Here is my 2 cents... Depending on your riding conditions each has its advantages. A single exhaust that has a collector helps build low-end and mid-range power, where a dual does the opposite. Duals will usually loose on the front side by a few compared to a single but pull away on the top-end and over-rev. In a nutshell if you want all around gains a single is the answer. If you want top-end power then go for some duals.)

Well said:
I as a trail rider, I run a single exhaust (Sparks BC X6) My point is get a good system, be it Duals or a single just know that YOU have to like it. On my 770 I mite make 2 or 3 more hp with Duals but with well over 70+hp on a trail quad I can spare 2 or 3 ....

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have to disagree with Nate if the duals are made right they will perform better than a single everywhere.
Your exhaust wins on the dyno, BY FAR, on the top-end. I do not argue that at all, but I have seen lower numbers on the bottom-end. Your Raptor pipes kick ass and are our record holder on the dyno FYI.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm a mainly a trail rider with a little track here and there. So low end and mid would suit me best.

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
There are dyno sheets that DL or someone did a while back floating around Cuztom, from what I recall the barkers edged out the sparks krackinator and had a couple hp over the sparks xx6 big core but it's been a couple years so my memory might be fuzzy.

·
The Moose Rider
1,644 Posts
M/D is right. the sparks is the only one that can hang wiith the barkers. But it is very very loud. There is no quiet core or sparky avil for it. There is for the barkers and still get the hp numbers from them being much quieter and legal in the woods. Thats the big advantage the barkers have over the sparks, that and they look so good!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Looks like no one here has seen the dyno thread on MR "big 3 bigger horsepower" ?

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
I'm a mainly a trail rider with a little track here and there. So low end and mid would suit me best.
Check out the HMF Ballance system. They make good low end power with the torque incert. For HP on the lower end of the RPM range you want a single for HP on the higher end duals are best. I have the HMF and I like it a lot. I can put a quiet core in when I need to or just the TRD and a spark arestor and ride that way. If your not going into the higher rpms your not going to get the benifit of the duals. Dale kinda said what I just did, but guys duals arn't allways the answer.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The new bb Monster exhaust :beer:

Sexy is right price and link plz

Looks like no one here has seen the dyno thread on MR "big 3 bigger horsepower" ?
link plz

Check out the HMF Ballance system. They make good low end power with the torque incert. For HP on the lower end of the RPM range you want a single for HP on the higher end duals are best. I have the HMF and I like it a lot. I can put a quiet core in when I need to or just the TRD and a spark arestor and ride that way. If your not going into the higher rpms your not going to get the benifit of the duals. Dale kinda said what I just did, but guys duals arn't allways the answer.
Thx, I do use high end rpm's, but mostly mid's

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Those options add up quick

1 - 20 of 40 Posts