Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I want to buy some new handlebars but what should i be looking for? I heard the flex bars were pretty cool. Are there different bends/sizes or is it just made for your application(raptor). So far I've heard of Pro Taper, Aero, Renthal and a few others. From previous experience what do you guys think?

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
yeah handlebar choices are getting hard, i need some 2, i bent mine a little , i am just going to stick with pro taper Se black, raptor bend, i think i read it may rub a little but i dont' care...

·
Registered
340 Posts
phyto said:
i rock Tag T2
Me too. I have the CR high bend. BUT.... I have an extended antivibe stem.

Frank

·
Registered
988 Posts
Im runnin Tag T2 CR high Bend and with just the 7/8-1 1/8 adapter they clear just as good as the stockers

·
Registered
226 Posts
I wish I had the money for flexx bars. People say its a great difference over stockers with all the shock it absorbs. To me, they look a little wierd, but proabably well worth it for your wrists. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
494 Posts
Im running the Pro Taper SE ATV High Bend bars and love them. They are perfect for me. At full lock they scrub the plastic a little but I dont care. The plastic is scratched anyways. Pro Taper makes the Raptor bend with a narrower clamp area that supposedly does not rub. It doesnt look that great and has different geometry than the ATV High Bends. I held each bar in my hands at the dealer before I decided that I wanted the ATVHB. I added Pro Tapers Dual Density grips and they are awesome!

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
Pro Taper SE's are great bars, my second choice.

I've been running FMF's factory 909 bars for a while now. The only 7/8" twinwall that I know of, and very strong.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Glamis700 said:
Im running the Pro Taper SE ATV High Bend bars and love them. They are perfect for me. At full lock they scrub the plastic a little but I dont care. The plastic is scratched anyways. Pro Taper makes the Raptor bend with a narrower clamp area that supposedly does not rub. It doesnt look that great and has different geometry than the ATV High Bends. I held each bar in my hands at the dealer before I decided that I wanted the ATVHB. I added Pro Tapers Dual Density grips and they are awesome!
So would an extended steering stem give you enough height to clear the plastic ?? Something like these bad boys maybe ?? Hey all I need is an excuse to buy one !!! LOL

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Big Mike said:
Glamis700 said:
So would an extended steering stem give you enough height to clear the plastic ?? Something like these bad boys maybe ?? Hey all I need is an excuse to buy one !!! LOL

+1

·
Registered
215 Posts
I run the tusk fat bar adapter that raise the bars a little bit. My Flexx bars clear the plastic with these.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Any lengthened stem w/ antivibe riser for a 2006 yfz should work. I prefer the Gibson name.

Flexx Bars and a Trail Tech dash... I think the cross bar will block the view of that POS computer.

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Just orderd Pro Taper Se Jet black Raptor bend. I live in Indiana and no one has shit in stock so hopefully i like the way they are. I'll let everyone know once i get them put on.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Sand84 said:
Just orderd Pro Taper Se Jet black Raptor bend. I live in Indiana and no one has shit in stock so hopefully i like the way they are. I'll let everyone know once i get them put on.. :thumbsup:
If you get a chance post a pic or two.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
899 Posts
Sand84 said:
They’ll be just like the ones you have now except black with a cross bar ,a little lighter and stronger. The bend and sweep are stock.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.