Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy an aftermarket exhaust for my 03 Raptor. I was considering the HMF slip-on. I would like to pay between 200-300 dollars. I want the pipe to be really loud!!! Any help would be great. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Re: 660 Exhaust

If your looking into just slip ons the t-4 by pro circuit is a great pipe for 250-275 new and it is loud as hell. The white brothers pipe is the same way, but i think it costs a little more. I have the dr D slip on on my rapter..i found it on ebay for 250. I love it, it gave me power all around and it sounds great..it has that great tone but it's not so loud that it bothers other riders around you. If your looking for a full system i heard the yorishima one is a great one, and the tle duals sound amazing but a little exspensive.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I have a Dr D and it sounds great but my buddy bought a Big gun and that is one sick looking exhaust and it sounds great too.

·
Registered
65 Posts
mine is a yoshi slip-on, its really loud and pretty good performer for the price. i need less than 5 mins to get neighbors complaining about my bike beuing so loud :grin_nod:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just added a yoshi rs3 slip on and this thing is loud. It also came with a silencer which of course I took out and replaced with a $10 spark arrester screen direct from yoshi. After that it was even louder. My friend has a gytr slip on and that thing is pretty loud but there's people on here that say the gytr is crap. Good luck. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have the Yosh RS3 full system. Loud as hell and looks awesome.

·
Registered
176 Posts
why is the gytr crap? I bought a gytr carbon fiber slip-on for 20 bucks, so i guess even if it is crap-it has to be better than the stock muffler right?

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
twistedwedge said:
why is the gytr crap? I bought a gytr carbon fiber slip-on for 20 bucks, so i guess even if it is crap-it has to be better than the stock muffler right?
They work well, they just don't hold up long.

·
Registered
176 Posts
If it was recently re-packed should I expect it to last for a while? Wish I had more of a budget, I would have bought something else..

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
Just keep an eye on it, and don't tighten the clamps down too much just enough so that a backfire won't shoot the pipe off the bike.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Alright, Not to invade on his question but what exhaust (single exhaust) gives the most HP. My buddy recently got a Trinity and he does nothing but swear its the best exhaust hands down for delivering the most hp gains. I ordered a yosh but received the wrong one and sent it back.. Now Im really considering looking into somthing else. Im looking for any info to help me shut my buddy up or at least believe him. Lol Ive heard Sparks is really good and also the Yosh. Anyone know?

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I have nothing but good things to say about the CT racing pipe. It has the disc's not the open end cap. Its loud when you want it to be(up to 103 db) easy to reduce the volume by taking out discs..with a little loss of hp. Just had a hell of a time jetting it..but I think thats normal with a raptor 660. I think its about 1-2 hp more than a yoshi or sparks (so I've read and heard) but heavier.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts