Raptor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been talking to pll about this i have a map from Daniel its a stock engine monster intake and monster slip on 2015+ I have big gun slip on pro design foam intake and pcfc tuner I ask him for a map for my mods plus hc2. He told me he only has a map close to what I have which is +3tb hc3 fci intake monster slip on so I'm kinda stuck here with the hc2 don't want to return tho. Will the new mapthat he sent me be to rich cause of the +3tb and FCI hc3? Any suggestions would be great I know Daniel won't send me a map that wouldn't work or damage my bike

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
theres a big different in fuel at high rpm range from the other one this is what worrys me

·
Super Moderator
9,029 Posts
I would run it and see how it goes, nothing will dial you in like a dyno but I wouldnt want to dyno with only a HC swap. If you run rich it will just foul a plug so just keep checking it.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
All that fuel up top is for the fci intake, thats where they really move a ton of air

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
K what do you suggest if I do foul a pug paying a shop 170 to put it in don't want to waste my money to put the stock one back in if I'm fouling pugs

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
What is already on the quad? Are you only adding the cam? Or slip on, filter, pcfc, and cam all at once?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Big gun slip on pro design intake foam with pcfc tuner is already on the bike just adding the hc2

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
If its already tuned for the rest you dont need to change the map just for the hotcam

Reactions: morphrider

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The hot cam won't lean the bike out? That's what I'm worried about with the old map I currently have on it

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I dont feel like it would be enough to matter. Dont take my word as gold though, wait for others to chime in. Who did you buy the hotcam from? Call and ask them what they think. Call the hotcam customer service line and ask them too. (515)402-8000

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just called them and talk to the guy he said most pll just put it in and are good with the map that is all ready on it with the mods he said run it and see how it feels from there.Makes me feel better now might just add 3%fuel on the tuner on the middle and high rpm range just to be on the safe side on the tuner I can add +or-10% from low mid or high rpm range

Reactions: 4stroker4life

·
Registered
462 Posts
On the map in your post above, the one with the extra fuel is needed for a +3 TB. if it ran good before and all you add is the HC2, the current map in the bike will work.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,765 Posts
The main concern is "air in, air out". Change the intake or exhaust and a map change may be needed. Changing a cam won't change the A/F ratio, only how much the valves are open to allow that ratio into the motor.
As with any tune, check the plug color. Pure white indicates lean and needs more fuel. Pure black is rich and needs less fuel. Light to golden brown is optimal.
No need for a dealer to pull a plug, tools are in your tool kit and do it yourself.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ya might be only doing the hc2 and that's it was looking at the new piston but the shop wants 340 just to put it in 😒talk to Daniel about the +3 TB only 185 with map and core exchange

Reactions: DEZPERADO

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Think I'm good for now with the hot cam still need to buy a full exhaust🙄

·
Registered
46 Posts
Been talking to pll about this i have a map from Daniel its a stock engine monster intake and monster slip on 2015+ I have big gun slip on pro design foam intake and pcfc tuner I ask him for a map for my mods plus hc2. He told me he only has a map close to what I have which is +3tb hc3 fci intake monster slip on so I'm kinda stuck here with the hc2 don't want to return tho. Will the new mapthat he sent me be to rich cause of the +3tb and FCI hc3? Any suggestions would be great I know Daniel won't send me a map that wouldn't work or damage my bike
Do you still have that map for the monster slip on and monster intake can you email it to [email protected] if you do me the favor

1 - 19 of 19 Posts