Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nerf Bars and Front Bumper

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i was dead set on getting a Power commander all week and then i thought about the time i bent my A-arm cause the stock bumper is junk and the thought of running over my own foot didn't sound very good either so i thought i'd get some input from people before i start ordering my mods that my wifes letting me get..

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
you mine as well wait untill you can get the whole exaust, intake and controler package. then youll be ready to go because you already have the nerfs and the bumper. just my opinion

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Well depends on where you ride at. If you ride alot of wooded areas/rocky areas i would diffently go with a skid plate and front bumber then nerfs. Once your protected then start with the power. Thats my opinion and wouldnt want you to go through what i went through. NO Skid plate + big rock = $$$$$$$ and big fucking hole in crank case. WOODY

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
programmer wont help as much until you can to "the three mods" exhaust, intake, programmer all at once. Thats when you will need it for sure, so maybe not running over your leg is a better option for now

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
You could still pull a few pony's out with just a pc3 and the air box lid removed / exhaust uncorked. Then when you get new exhaust and intake mod you wont have such a large chunk of cash coming out your pocket!! :grin_nod:

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
I went Protection first

Had Nerfs for 1st ride

Chassis and swing-arm skid by 2nd ride

then added a-rm guards, bumper, and grap bar

Then started on performance :thumbsup:

·
Registered
270 Posts
How much of your money do we have to spend?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
superchargemyride said:
How much of your money do we have to spend?
About $300.00 give or take a little depending on what i find

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i really like the pro armor nerfs with heal guards and pegs but i haven't really seen what alls out there and whats best bang for my buck kinda thing

·
Registered
206 Posts
I just bought my Raptor a couple of weeks ago. I am going with protection first. I bought the Pro Armor "full frame armor" first. My next purchases will be either nerfs(I like the Pro Armor Fat Peg), bumper, grab bar, or bars.
I picked up some cheap shock covers off ebay too. They look cool though.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
blue_Streak23 said:
i really like the pro armor nerfs with heal guards and pegs but i haven't really seen what alls out there and whats best bang for my buck kinda thing
Id recoomend the pro-peg style from either Pro-Armor or AC :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
go with the belly skid, then the swing arm skid. then bumper and nerfs. then proformance mods. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
356 Posts
Go to www.rockymountainatv.com and look at their nerfs. I think they had the same ones for $180, but I could be wrong. I have have nothing but good experience from them. I decided on Tuesday to go to St. Anthony on Friday, ordered new rims and paddle tires, showed up mounted, ready to go on Thursday.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
blue_Streak23 said:
bberck said:
blue_Streak23 said:
Id recoomend the pro-peg style from either Pro-Armor or AC :thumbsup:
these are what i was thinking found some on ebay cheaper than RM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=130107909253&rd=1,1
Those look good or the AC Blackline, both a good set-up :thumbsup:

·
Registered
241 Posts
I brought the GYTR nurfs they are great heaps of protection and stops all those logs from flying up and hitting my knees while riding through the trails , as for the skids i brought after market ones just make sure there solid plates and welded well , i hit my skids at least once every ride they have saved me many a time . When your travelling so fast down a narrow track and the wash out rutts get deep you will be glad you brought them plus the rear swing arm plate protects your disc brake too and your rear chain sprocket just see how close they are to the ground , it does take much of a rock to cause you some serious damage . But if you ride the dunes it could be a different story.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
If you ride rough terrain do you have skids if not I beleive they are the number one mod to Keep your rappy in one piece.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts