Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I blew the sidewall out of my front stocker today. I think I wanna go with a 6 ply tire to handle the rough terrain that I ride. I am leaning towards Holeshots ... do I want the XC, XCT,XCR or HD? TO many f'n choices! lol!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!! I am thinking HD!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
roc64 said:
The HD's are super duper heavy duty. I have them on the rear of my 400ex and I have had about 10 flats in the front and still never one in the rear. And they hood up like crazy. :grin_nod:

The only downfall is they are a few pounds heavier due to their super strenght.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Teraflx said:
roc64 said:
The HD's are super duper heavy duty. I have them on the rear of my 400ex and I have had about 10 flats in the front and still never one in the rear. And they hood up like crazy. :grin_nod:

The only downfall is they are a few pounds heavier due to their super strenght.
All the 22x7x10 weight about the same!

·
Registered
287 Posts
roc64 said:
Ok, I blew the sidewall out of my front stocker today.
Bummer...was it a good ride today? We went to a local private area...guy has about 3 acres we rode on, but MUDDY as all get out. Sorry we bailed on ya!

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you are going with a full set, check out Hidy Honda on ebay. I just bought a set of the GNCC's mounted on black T9's for less than $440 and shipping was fast. Won the auction first thing Mon morning and had the tires by Wed afternoon.

http://stores.ebay.com/HIDY-HONDA-POWER-SPORTS

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
I have the xcr's on my wifes Blaster, nice low profile rubber look. I bought 10" rear wheels to make it look sweet. IMO the HD's look bulky. I guess if your after durability and not looks though... go HD. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
779 Posts
I hear you on that one. The new Dirt Wheels mag has an ITP ad in it that shows all of the Holeshot tires with a description of each. It's a good place to see all of the tires side by side. I'm not sure which ones to go with either. I think the GNCC's look pretty good.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I was torn between the GNCC's and the HD's but the dealer had HD's in stock. They are an awesome tire, last time out a hit a rock so hard it bent the wheel but barely a scuff on the tire. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
What sizes do the GNCC pro's use in the front and rear ??? I would like to set my quad up for GNCC.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
I have the HD's they are very durable, hook up great, but the weight is definately there. I personally want to try the XCR's or the GNCC's next they are lighter and supposedly very durable. If you want a bulletproof tire the HD's are definately good but also I have heard good things of RAZR2's. Good luck

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
My first choice would be the XCR's then the HD's. Both good tires just comes down to which you like better, like most others said the HD's are on the bulky side and have a little added weight.

I wouldnt go with the XCT's, I have them on my warrior and tried them on my 700 and went back to the stock tires. They were just to big for me, you cant get them in 20's, so the 22's with its profile is huge.The XCR's have they same tread pattern on the rear as the XCT's but are in a size 20 with a lower profile. The XCR fronts look the same as HD fronts to me but come in some different size options. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I really appreciate the responses! I do see there is a weight difference in the rears but it looks like all the fronts are very similar, atleast as far as the chart says. It is really a much tougher decision than I thought it would be. Guess I cant really go wrong with my choice tho!?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just got off the phone with travis from ITp and we talked quite abit about my riding style and the type of terrain I mostly ride and we came to the conclusion that the... drum role please "GNCC's" are the tire for me! He said all the 6ply fronts are going to give MAX durability, but the handleing of the GNCC's is far superior to the others. He said 90% of the guys at Itp that ride use the GNCC. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
149 Posts
You'll like those GNCCs! They look great and hook like mad especially in mud. We have a ton of mud around here and those GNCCs (21x11x9) make my Rappy go like a tank through it. :thumbsup:

I use 20x11x9 XCRs for the dry rides and ride parks that groom trails.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
ROC64 what kind of terrian did you tell ITP that you ride. Just wondering if its close to mine becuase im thinking about buying some new tires soon.. thanks WOODY

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
W69DY said:
ROC64 what kind of terrian did you tell ITP that you ride. Just wondering if its close to mine becuase im thinking about buying some new tires soon.. thanks WOODY
I ride lots of riverbeds, powerlines, tight forest trails with lots of tree roots, rocks and ruts! Oh, and up here in the Northwest... lots of water and mud! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
HUmm sounds like the same thing i ride in. I also ride a couple of tracks ever now and again. so it looks like im going with GNCC as well thank. now the question is whih rims LMAO. thanks ROC -- WOODY

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
W69DY said:
HUmm sounds like the same thing i ride in. I also ride a couple of tracks ever now and again. so it looks like im going with GNCC as well thank. now the question is whih rims LMAO. thanks ROC -- WOODY
I am going with the Itp T-9 pro series in Black!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts