Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont want to get into the whole boring out thing, im just looking to increase the power as easily as possible, but i was convinced with the je 11:1, but now im looking at the je 12.5:1... im just going to be doing the big 3 (pro flow, pcIII, and barkers) and soon to be getting a cam, either a stage 2 or 3 web... now would running the 12.5:1 require any major modifications to the engine, and how would it compare to the 11:1

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
If your going to be doing "the big 3" you may want to check out our site and look at our Raptor 700 Stage 1 kit. The stage 2 kit also might appeal to you. Only difference is it comes with a cp 12:1 piston rather than JE.

No matter what you go with im sure your going to be real happy with the performance gains from the pipe and intake alone. If you go with the higher compression piston you should see a little more torque.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
without a cam, just adding the piston will i have a significant power increase? i have no idea what to expect out of this, and when replacing the piston only i dont have to change anything else do i? such as valve springs

·
Registered
305 Posts
On only the piston? You might be asking a bit to much. Now doing the big 3 and such youll be fine to asume that.

as far as 11:1 or 12:1. Neither require any different mods. They both install the same, and cost the smae. only diff is the HP and the type of fuel you have to run. The higher the compression the better the gas you have to run which means more money to fill up each time. Thats the biggest reason people go with 11:1 to save on gas money.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I like the 12-1 with a stage 2 with springs. These seem to run real hard on the dunes and in the woods. I should have all parts in stock if you choose to go with my shop.

Sand Demon Motorsports
1 530 832 9696

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
blackraptor said:
Does the 11:1 piston with stage one cams need race gas?
from how i understand it no, but i have heard that going to 13.5:1 you should mix race fuel... but you can sometimes run it without such as a hot summer day... somebody correct me if im wrong

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sparky yfz said:
I like the 12-1 with a stage 2 with springs. These seem to run real hard on the dunes and in the woods. I should have all parts in stock if you choose to go with my shop.

Sand Demon Motorsports
1 530 832 9696
what kind of price are we looking at for all of this? also do you carry the valve guides as well?

right now i only have the pro flow and pcIII, could someone take a guess as to what i would gain by adding a full exhaust (barkers) and then adding the high comp piston and stage 2 cam.

·
Registered
815 Posts
i had the PCIII, LTE duals, high flow air, Stge II cam, 11:1 piston, Extreme head port... and i got 57 hp and 48 torque.... but it was on a shitty day when i was on the dyno... raining and very humid... not very good condtitions to put out good numbers....
- - so you will not have the head port, but if you go with the 12:1 piston that will help out... so you shouldnt be too far behind...
- - JUST GUESSING - but probly 55 or 56 or 57.... like i said i got 57 on a shitty day...

Plattner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.