Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after testing out the haulers i think im going to stick to the sand stars. Now that i got all my tires picked out its time to choose rims. I really wanted the itp c-series in black but im going with 10" rims and have heard this are really heavy rims and slow people down greatly. I am not a straight drag racer but i do drag sometimes and also hill climb and jumps. Are they any other rims out there that look good and arent crazy heavy? I hat how douglas wheels look i want some style also

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have the 10'' polished C-Series with the 22x11-10 ITP Sandstar tires and have been very happy with the set up. Ordered from Rocky Mountain ATV. Recommend that you not get the crome valve stems as one of mine has given me nothing but problems...other than that, very good all around set up.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
turboedsupe said:
Well after testing out the haulers i think im going to stick to the sand stars. Now that i got all my tires picked out its time to choose rims. I really wanted the itp c-series in black but im going with 10" rims and have heard this are really heavy rims and slow people down greatly. I am not a straight drag racer but i do drag sometimes and also hill climb and jumps. Are they any other rims out there that look good and arent crazy heavy? I hat how douglas wheels look i want some style also
I think its a bunch of BS! The C-Series are awesome!!! I be tyou wouldn't even feel the weight difference!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some guy on a suzuki 400 bought them for the rears and said after het put them on the bike doesnt have enough power to push them and they wont let him pass 3rd gear. Anyone know the weights on the douglas wheels? itp claims 7lbs a wheel

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
where do you fing the weights?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I find that hard to believe. Send me a link. ITP claims the C-Series Sport are strong yet lightweight.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
I have had both and the Douglas blue label are very light and what I am currently running. I really didn't notice the difference until I had them side by side. The ITP were quite a bit heavier, but they sure do look trick.

Craig,

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I actually have douglas BL w/8 paddle haulers and C-series Sports with the same tires, and in my opinion the difference in weight is so little, you as I said before would not be able to tell a difference. If you were a pro Drag racer you MIGHT be able to tell, but hell out on the dunes runnin with the boys its all about rider skill and timing anyway. I say get the wheels you want and enjoy them!!! :metal:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
This is what ITP says!

"Brand new from ITP is the 10" C-Series aluminum wheel. It utilizes the same technology found on the 12" C-Series wheel, only in a smaller size. Super light weight design makes it a superior race wheel. 10" C-Series is available in three different finishes!"

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
My point is that ITP is the leader in the ATV wheel market, i would bet that they know what they are doing and that there is a place in the market for these wheels. As I said before I actually have them and the weight difference is negligible. I would bet most of the people that are talking about how heavy these wheels are haven't even seen them, let alone rode on a pair before.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Could you weigh both of the rim/tire setups and let me know the results? Every lb of rotating mass is a big difference, im not saying you could feel it but race it back to back with someone and i bet you could see a lil difference. I know itp says there super lightweight i mean of course there aluminum but lightweight compared to other race wheels or compared to beadlock heavy duty wheels?

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Here's what I know, you can't argue with physics ;) I just ride the sand on my 700R so if your a trail rider or don't care about winning drag races then disregard.

My 22'' x 11'' x 8'' haulers mounted on blue lable wheels weight 10 lbs ea weighted on my Longacre Racing jump scales.

My buddy bought a set of Sand stars on c series wheels and they are about 15 lbs ea for the tire and wheel combo. That's 10 additional LBS for the pair spinning on the ends of the axle. I don't know about you guys but both he and I can feel the difference in response big time.

He also has a set of haulers,when were were at Florence this passt June he and I lined up and our bikes have the exact same mods and he's running my dyno tuned map and he's lighter than I am, and I started waxing him by 2-3 bikes at the top of the hill. Were usually alot closer than that. He said he could feel a big difference, but part of that is the tires. The C series are real pretty but he calls then his boat anchors ;) There great for playing and looks but if you plan on doing some drag racing at the hill then you will want the light weight haulers or you will be leaving HP on the table and getting beat by the guys that have them.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I would weigh them but they are mounted up right now.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Just go with Hipers:
Light Weight: HiPer Racing Wheels are typically much lighter than similar sized .160 aluminum wheels and about the same weight as .125 thick aluminum wheels. In addition, the weight distribution of our wheels results in lower rotating inertia. This means you accelerate faster while the overall lighter weight means your suspension can be more responsive.

3-Times Stronger than Aluminum: HiPer wheels are a modular design with the halves manufactured from DuPont Zytel CDV805 a conductive polyamide resin modified with aerospace grade carbon fiber for improved strength. HiPer Racing Wheels are typically 3 to 5 times stronger than top of the line aluminum wheels.

Q. What are the best rims for the Dunes?
A. Many dune riders and drag racers are ordering our 9x9 dual beadlocks because of their light weight and ability to swap tires without using a tire bead breaking tool. Our 10x9 and 10x10 rims are the choice for the jumper and duners who use Sandskate II's.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
Here's what I know, you can't argue with physics ;) I just ride the sand on my 700R so if your a trail rider or don't care about winning drag races then disregard.

My 22'' x 11'' x 8'' haulers mounted on blue lable wheels weight 10 lbs ea weighted on my Longacre Racing jump scales.

My buddy bought a set of Sand stars on c series wheels and they are about 15 lbs ea for the tire and wheel combo. That's 10 additional LBS for the pair spinning on the ends of the axle. I don't know about you guys but both he and I can feel the difference in response big time.

He also has a set of haulers,when were were at Florence this passt June he and I lined up and our bikes have the exact same mods and he's running my dyno tuned map and he's lighter than I am, and I started waxing him by 2-3 bikes at the top of the hill. Were usually alot closer than that. He said he could feel a big difference, but part of that is the tires. The C series are real pretty but he calls then his boat anchors ;) There great for playing and looks but if you plan on doing some drag racing at the hill then you will want the light weight haulers or you will be leaving HP on the table and getting beat by the guys that have them.
I hear ya Randy! But what is the weight difference between a Hauler and a Sand Star? I stand corrected! If you are planning to go to the dunes, tree run, blast dunes and do trail rides C-series would be perfect for that! But if you want the competitive edge on the hill and that is your main focus then buy some triple shaved haulers and Blue labels and have at it.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Really who wants to get beat just because of their tires? :confused:
Why not get the ones that you can go the fastest on, everyone lines up at one point or another. I have ridden both V and straight paddles and I don't see why people have such a hard time throwing the bike around with straight paddles. I am not a drag racer, but I don't like to be robbed of power after sinking money into a 700 and mods.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts