which set of duels are the best

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which set of duals should i go with (dmc,barkers,lte,monster). I plan on get air flilter, and a pc 111 and a 15t sprocket as well as the full exhaust system. I ride trails and sometimes on tracks. thanks

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
This really isn't a fair question. Its all going to be biased. There a lot of people on this forum that have duals. And it isn't all one sided. All the duals that are available for the 700 someone on here has them. So you pretty much should compare numbers and then YOU would be the best person to decide what duals you would want on your beast. I have DMC's so naturally I would say DMC's. To each his own. Good luck in your quest for duals bro. :thumbsup:

RF Out!

·
Registered
379 Posts
DMC's, Great looking pipes, sound awesome and perfect fit and finish.

As for performance, they gave my bike a 30 odd % increase in power (along with the PCIII and intake/filter).

Andd despite a fair bit of speculation, up to now have yet to see any proof that the other duals out perform.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Well I have the LTE's but if your just now in the market for a set of duals I reccomend the Barkers Hands down, they have the best combination of fit finish and performance. The Moster pipes are yet to be proven.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
forcefed said:

As for performance, they gave my bike a 30 odd % increase in power (along with the PCIII and intake/filter).

Andd despite a fair bit of speculation, up to now have yet to see any proof that the other duals out perform.
The proof has been posted, the LTE's have a better curve, and the gap really widens on a built 700R engine, that was proven by one of the major builders. I have seen the sheets that's why I still have the LTE's so it's not speculation as there is proof you just have to look for it if you choose to do so.

·
Registered
261 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
Well I have the LTE's but if your just now in the market for a set of duals I reccomend the Barkers Hands down, they have the best combination of fit finish and performance. The Moster pipes are yet to be proven.
I second that, and I also have the LTE's.

·
Registered
379 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
forcefed said:

The proof has been posted, the LTE's have a better curve, and the gap really widens on a built 700R engine, that was proven by one of the major builders. I have seen the sheets that's why I still have the LTE's so it's not speculation as there is proof you just have to look for it if you choose to do so.
I have had a look around but all I came up with was your most recent dyno sheet.

If you could point me in the right direction of your/ others with just the 3 mods that would be great :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
forcefed said:
RaptorRandy27 said:
forcefed said:

I have had a look around but all I came up with was your most recent dyno sheet.

If you could point me in the right direction of your/ others with just the 3 mods that would be great :thumbsup:

Give Mark H at Kenz cycle tech a call and ask him to share what they have found thru their extensive dyno testing on 700R's with the 3 mods, he's a stand up guy and has nothing to gain from BSin you.

Randy

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
I agree, i wish I knew about them before making my decision, however, I got a deal that was unbeatable on a used setup.

·
Registered
379 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
forcefed said:
RaptorRandy27 said:
forcefed said:

Give Mark H at Kenz cycle tech a call and ask him to share what they have found thru their extensive dyno testing on 700R's with the 3 mods, he's a stand up guy and has nothing to gain from BSin you.

Randy
I'm sure Mark is a stand up guy and I'm not questioning for one second what his extensive testing has proven with respect to LTE's out performing other dual systems.

I'm equally sure that guys like yourself and others on this forum who are far more clued up on modding the 700 than I would'nt have gone for the LTE's without just reason.

All that aside, given the title of this thread, it would still be good to view a dyno sheet which provides everyone considering dual options, with a clear understanding of what makes the LTE power curve better than others.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Well, hopefully by the end of the month you will see the unbiased shootout results on a stock and on a modded quad on the same dyno on the same day with the DMC's LTE's and Barkers for sure and maybe even the Monsters if they step up and provide Petedog a set for his shoot out. It should be informative and interesting :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
If you go with the duels with just the three mods and no engine work would you lose any power vs a single pipe. If you want just looks??I know it cost more but want the looks of duels.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.