Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search through the forums but came up empty. I'm looking to get a set of covers for my shocks on my 07 700SE. Do they make a set that will fit or does any old set do the job? Reason I ask is because I'm curious if they have a set that has a slot in it to go around the connection piece between the piggyback reservoir and the top of the shock body. Any help and pics would be great.

MK

·
Registered
767 Posts
I ordered mine for the regular 700 and they fit fine.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, I'll have a look at Royal and see if they have something. Not really into the shock and awe look type with skulls and flames etc lol, some plain black ones with Yamaha written on them would be good, they'll only be getting dirty anyway.

btw Did, I see you have the trailtech bars, clamps and dashboard, that is one sweet setup, not outrageous in price either, how do you like it? how do the bars feel compared to the stock ones?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Tiggyboot said:
thanks, I'll have a look at Royal and see if they have something. Not really into the shock and awe look type with skulls and flames etc lol, some plain black ones with Yamaha written on them would be good, they'll only be getting dirty anyway.

btw Did, I see you have the trailtech bars, clamps and dashboard, that is one sweet setup, not outrageous in price either, how do you like it? how do the bars feel compared to the stock ones?
I wanted plain black ones as well but the only place I found was on ebay from a seller in the UK, so I settled for the disco flame covers. :'( Now that my Vapor is working I love the TT setup, I am 6'4" so the TT Hi bend bars were a welcome addition.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if you have time Did, I'd love to see some pics of your setup

·
Registered
767 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that looks just awesome, that will be on my list for spring
MK

·
Registered
64 Posts
What is the point of shock covers? once you put them on they rub the paint off your shocks and then your shocks look like crap.

·
Registered
965 Posts
JRaptor700 said:
What is the point of shock covers? once you put them on they rub the paint off your shocks and then your shocks look like crap.
For one, they will keep the mud from packing in between the shock body and the spring, which makes clean-up much easier.
For two, they protect the shaft of the shock from being hit with a rock. If the shaft is hit with a rock, it can develop a leak.
For three, it will help protect the seals which can also lead to a leak.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The trails in my neck of the woods can get pretty muddy. Having mud caked in the suspension won't be good. You can imagine it being continuously compressed in there and acting like sandpaper. The shock covers give you a bit of protection from that.

MK

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SUB454 said:
Just put a set of Shock Pros covers on last night.They fit great. Bought them at Motosport.com for 47.99 for all 3.
Same here. I think they're a little on the snug side, but I can always loosen them up a bit. I got the orange flame. It was between that and the ghost flame/black combo.

MK

www.shockpros.com

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.