Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have it narrowed down to the richocet bulletline with the chain guide for $108 or the Armadillo for $85. Is the Ricochet worth the extra $23? Anyone have experience with either of these swingarm skids?

I'm also planning on going with the $77 3/16" armadillo engine skid...

·
Registered
297 Posts
i was going to get an armadillo skid but went with DG for all the skids. im pretty sure that the aftermarket skids roughly offer the same amount of protection

·
Registered
610 Posts
Thanks.
The only thing I would be leary of, after a quick look at the link, is the " *Some models also utilize stock mounting holes"
I don't like working with those clamps and the more existing bolt holes to mount the skid, the better. IMO.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Anybody have a link to a listing or something that would show the thickness of the different brands of skids ? :3question: :3question:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
TacticalRaptor said:
Well here's a direct link to Ricochet's 700R application http://www.utahsportcycle.com/utahscFC.htm

I'm kinda leaning towards the armadillo now, as the Ricochet is .190" and the Armadillo is thicker at .25", plus I like the way the rear of the armadillo is cut to provide a little more clearance.
Thanks, with all the rocks we have here I'm going to need something thick !! :eek:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, well I'm a crackhead so I over analyzed the whole which is the best swingarm skid and ended up with neither of those. I went ahead with pro armors. It's 1/4" too like the armadillo, but looks like it'd provide a bit more clearance. plus it has a point to attach a tow strap. If the Ricochet was a little thicker I may have gone with that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i went with the dg thicker skids. the only problem with them is i had to drill a hole in the belly pan to drain the oil tank (it didnt come with one). the hole in swing arm skid wasnt exactly lined up to get to the grease zerk on the suspension link. after fixin' all that , no problems. anything is better than stock!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts