Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read some of the other posts on spark plugs, my question is can you use an NGK CR8EIX on a 660, or is it just for the 700? OR, is the NGK DPR8EA-9 the way to go for a 660?

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
DPR8EA-9 is the standard plug that just about all of us use.

You're looking for iridium plugs. The one for the 660 is the DPR8EIX-9.

You don't want mix and match 700R and 660R part specs. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I run an iridium in mine, and so does my friend. We are both happy with how it helped, runs a little crisper, but dont expect any huge difference. I mainly like how it is a much longer lasting plug. I believe the number is DPR8EIX-9 (2202)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ordered a couple of the DPR8EIX-9's, I'm just looking to do some smaller mods to make it run as smooth as possible. Thx for the help

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Anybody know what the plug gap is? Also is an iridium plug really worth the extra money?

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
0.8-0.9mm or .031-.035"

Page 2-2 of your OEM Service Manual :thumbsup:

I didn't find the iridium plugs worth the extra cost. You don't want to gap the iridium plug either, too good of a chance of breaking the electrode. Should be pre-gapped for both the regular and iridium, but it doesn't hurt to check the standard plug.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
0.8-0.9mm or .031-.035"

Page 2-2 of your OEM Service Manual :thumbsup:

I didn't find the iridium plugs worth the extra cost. You don't want to gap the iridium plug either, too good of a chance of breaking the electrode. Should be pre-gapped for both the regular and iridium, but it doesn't hurt to check the standard plug.
Thanks MD. I'll post a pic of my service manual sometime. It was given to me with the bike and it looked like he soaked it in water for a week.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
If you have desent motor mods a step cooler plug is what I would recomend. DPR9EIX-9 is a step cooler and the iridium plug.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
You can download a copy of the OEM manual here, in the stickies. :thumbsup:
yeah i gave that a shot once to no prevail... is there a way to save posts to your profile? it would be nice to be able to save info like what 03limited said about the colder plug

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
Yes, you can subscribe to the threads they are in. Near the top of the page, above the first post of a thread, should be a drop down list called "thread tools", where you can click on "subscribe".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts