Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone im new to the rappy's, ive always had a banshee. i bought a 2008 se blue and white. love it btw. So i ride at little sahara utah and am wondering which turbo kit would perform best there? I know theres k&t thats has ran their kit there, and i think jvr/d7 has ran there but i havent seen any other kits there. I have seen(and beat :cool:) some turbo's that kids have tried to fab up i guess and they wouldnt spool or this or that but any help........?????? O and btw if k&t is on here id love to chat about your kit cause you guys dont answer phones lol:burnout:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya, I LOVE the "shocker" bike! I just havent seen them run on long steep hills like the face at sand mtn utah, and dont know how they'll perform there..?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone ridden both that glamis run and the face at little sahara utah?? I wonder how they compare in the steepness? if thats a work ha. hey nice exhaust brett! ha

·
8SEVENTY3
1,336 Posts
I wouldnt buy anything except an English Racing turbo kit if I was in the market for turbo kits. They have been doing a lot of research and work to keep going faster and faster. They have had bikes pushing a lot of power together for a while after upgrading a few small things. I have a big cc high hp raptor and the races between their drag bike and I werent even close. They ran extremely fast up olds hill at Glamis and ran back and forth to some other sand flats a few times with that same bike, which is a 5+ mile ride. I would give them a call and tell them what kind of power and what kind of riding you are wanting to do with your bike and have them set you up with a price. 360-210-7484

·
Premium Member
1,836 Posts
I think all the kits will love the long hills. With that said I lovely ER kits. Not a problem to report. My Duner has 50-60 hrs on it.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Anyone ridden both that glamis run and the face at little sahara utah?? I wonder how they compare in the steepness? if thats a work ha. hey nice exhaust brett! ha

I've ridden both on NA and turbo Raptors and then some. Yes little sahara like sand mountain nv. are much steeper and longer. Also because of the altitude difference there is a 8-10 mph difference going up sahara. And yes even with a turbo quad altitude does play a huge difference.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Holy crap i see "shocker" ha sick lookin bike!!! hey woofers67 what kit would you suggest for utahs sand mountain to race the steep face and dune still? I dont need to beat everyone.... r u the actuall d7 racing?? hey white rider and "shocker", have you heard of or seen any of the english kits run the face in utah?? sorry to post a million questions, but im gonna be spending the big bucks(tax return) lol. thanks for all the input so fars guys!!!

·
Vendor - Rip Ass Connoisseur & Turbo Junkie
733 Posts
Holy crap i see "shocker" ha sick lookin bike!!! hey woofers67 what kit would you suggest for utahs sand mountain to race the steep face and dune still? I dont need to beat everyone.... r u the actuall d7 racing?? hey white rider and "shocker", have you heard of or seen any of the english kits run the face in utah?? sorry to post a million questions, but im gonna be spending the big bucks(tax return) lol. thanks for all the input so fars guys!!!
Shocker is very nice.....Here is the new Blue Ballz Bike from D7. You would be hard pressed to buy a bad kit from D7 - ER - K & T and some others. You'll have to make that decision on your own, customer service and bang for your buck is whats going to slightly separate each company. Woofers, myself and his sons is D7 Racing. If you have any further questions feel free to call me at 775-771-6900 or Woofers at 775-742-2005. We are more than just Turbos, complete kits big bore, stroked, complete head service and everything in between.

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Ya I'm part of D7 Racing. So you know what kit I recommend....:D

Whoever you buy a kit from just remember lots of power and reliability can be a fine line. We stopped trying to make more power a year ago and have been working on reliability full time. Be prepared to invest in other areas to hold the power.

·
Registered
544 Posts
i have an English racing bike and love it, I was on a budget and even though I don't have the top of the line turbo I love the power I produced and my bike runs smooth as factory. They even let me install the kit myself at their shop incase I needed any assistance and also I could look at other bikes that were being assembled, honestly in my opinion you cant go wrong with a d7 or English kit, just talk to both and see your options and whatever makes you feel the most comfortable spending your money on.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Power is easy. The other parts of the puzzle are the clutch and arm, power is nothing if you cant get it to the ground. As far as I know none of our kits have made it to Sahara yet. We have been at St Anthony, Dumont, Sand Mtn, and most recently Glamis as White Rider pointed out.

Our newer kits have definitely evolved even since last year based on what we learn every time we build a new bike or change Luke's or my drag bike. I am the salesman that wont sell the kit, I'd rather have you decide based on what you see. We dune my drag bike and hill shoot it. At Glamis we were riding from the store out to Olds, back to camp and then out to Gecko all on a 136whp bike.

My dune bike is going 3 years on the same kit/engine, Fryguy's went over 220 hours (120+ at 105whp) before he sold it and its still going, Powdercoater has 60 hours on his duner. If Luke would leave it alone his bike would have been on the same kit for a long time. Its been on the same motor for awhile at 120+whp but we did throw a Carillo in this one this time around. Our bikes get used for mock up and testing so they dont tend to have the same kit on them very long but it doesnt mean they wont last :)

Whatever one you decide to go with you'll have fun, guaranteed.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I didnt see one but there may have been. I saw one Nsane bike, Racer's Edge, Us, and I think I saw a K&T bike but I didnt ride up on it fast enough to look.

·
"Sand Hustler"
1,644 Posts
i have an English racing bike and love it, I was on a budget and even though I don't have the top of the line turbo I love the power I produced and my bike runs smooth as factory. They even let me install the kit myself at their shop incase I needed any assistance and also I could look at other bikes that were being assembled, honestly in my opinion you cant go wrong with a d7 or English kit, just talk to both and see your options and whatever makes you feel the most comfortable spending your money on.
That would be awesome to be able to buy a turbo kit and install it in there shop.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts