Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while im riding randomly the red reverse light goes on and the engine begins to bog down. I have no idea what is going on! could it be electrical, terminals to batteries, carbs? PLEASE HELP!!!

02 raptor 660

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my whole parking brake assembly is off the quad, when i bought the quad it didnt have one the assembly and cables were removed.. so i dont have a parking break.. when i ride its usually works great in the begining. Into the ride it will randomly bogg and red light comes on. unexpectedly.

·
Registered
960 Posts
just ground your reverse switch that will fix the problem man

·
Registered
960 Posts
i belive it is the blue white wire that is coming up from by your shifter on the engine there is a plug just take taht wire and ground it

·
Registered
960 Posts
well they are all the same its the stripped one lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wen back to look at it and try to fix it, i looked next to the shifter below the nuetral light wire, i found where the wires for the reserse are supposed to go but i didnt find any wires connected. I looked under where the reverse knob, ( switch/lever) and there is a lot of electrical wire wrapped around where the wire come out. looks like the previous owner played around with the wires

·
Registered
960 Posts
try and trace it up and fine were it plugs into the glolor of plugs by your left knee there a more plages up there to ground to back track a litle then ground the sucker lol rember its the stripped one nnot sure what the other is

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
The reverse wiring doesn't go to the switch/lever, only to the post comming out of the trans case and back to the cdi. Green wire with a white tracer/stripe.

The head lights work, first thing that comes to mind in the reverse lever area.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.