Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put some 25x12x10 12-paddle extremes, 82 RO, on my R1 Raptor and it looks a little goofy. I think it's sitting too high. I have a +6 swingarm, a Durablue 2+2 axle with the spacers on the outside of the hubs. The front is stock a-arms with YFZ shocks and 21" Mohawks. The front is just as wide as the rear, which I like, but it still looks funny. I think I might need a longer swingarm, but this is a duner, not a dedicated drag bike. I have a +14 I could put on and try.

Who else is running 25" tires. What are your other suspension mods? If you have pics please post them up too. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
What are you running for a rear shock? You may want to lower the rear end with a different shock spring, new shock, or adjustable dogbone.

I would imagine the 4" difference in front tire size vs rear and the lowered front end with the yfz shocks makes for a wedge shaped side profile.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm using an MS Hillshooter, so there is little to no length adjustability. I took the nut out so it's as low as it will go, and you can't flip the link with this shock.

I got an adjustable link like you suggested. I got the CRJ one, not the cheap eBay garbage ones. What an awesome investment! I lowered the rear so the bike sits level with me on it. It also helped to line my chain up a little better. I'm going to ride it tomorrow and see how it feels. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
Good to hear it did the job for you, I use a durablue rear adjustable link to get mine perfect for ice racing and it's been very useful.

Let us know how it works when you get some seat time :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts