Raptor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
definetly need a new carrier and bearing spacer anyone know who makes an good affordable replacent ??

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
The bearing spacer is a yamaha item, believe ripperracing carrier them. Any dealer could get it also, $10-$20, I recall.
I've never seen an aftermarket carrier for the stock swingarm, try the forsale section of this and other forums, shouldn't be to hard to find.

Let me guess, the bearings came apart and you've got grooves in the center spacer and the inside of the carrier. When you opened it ball bearings fellout, lots of aluminum smeered around and the edge of the sprocket hub is beat to death. Mine looked like this and I replaced the center spacer, cleaned up the edge of the hub and polished the shoulder that the bearing sets agienst. Ran it for a year this way, took it apart a few times durring the season to inspect and all was ok. And if I guessed wrong, then never mind.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.