Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been doing some shopping for a cast cylinder. I see they make 105.5, 106, 108 and 110mm. Im thinking of running a 105.5 or 106 but who is known for having the best cylinder or best quality i should say? There some 105.5mm cast cylinder with piston kits on ebay for $600. just wondering if there worth a dang. I plan on doing more than just racing this engine i want to ride it too, so i need something thats going to hold up.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Racers Edge CP cyl. hands down. It's the only one with reinforced cyl walls and the quality Racers Edge & CP bring with it.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im building a "play" bike and wanting to do a 786cc. Cast 106mm cyl., CP 13.5:1 and HR +5 crank. Something reliable but i can still kick butt at the drags. Maybe TQS or some builders will chime in and give there opinion on this.

·
Registered
776 Posts
RE is the new distributor for the old WK cylinders made by CP. They are the best cylinders available and John normally has a huge inventory of pistons.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How much are they just for the cylinder. Everywhere i look has the cyl, piston combo and i want to buy my own cuztom piston.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These are some prices i just got not sure the name brand tho.. This sound about right?

Raptor 700 cylinder,
2 bore size in stock now
1, 106 mm, $320 ship to you.
2, 105.5 mm, $315 ship to you.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
See thats what i figured.. I dont want a cheap cyl thats not going to last..

·
Registered
94 Posts
Those prices do seem kinda cheap......everything I have looked up has been right around $700. 786cc huh? Not bad I wouldnt mind something big bore but all I ride is trails you know this......I might even go with a sb/ss just do a +1 head. Put a bottle on it for the fun stuff!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also i just figured there was one major distributer of cast cylinders and everyone else put there names on them.. I figure it cost to much money for each major engine builder to tool up to make cast cylinders.. The guy that give me these prices said he makes the cylinders and distributes them all over the US and builders put there names on em.. Any truth to this??

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
looks like a descent cylinder..it needs to be thick front and rear because thats where the rod is pushing hardest on the cylinderrrrr

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Yeah I've did alot of comparing and this looks to be the cylinder alot of big ATV shops are saleing, Alba, CT Racing and a few others. They offer a cylinder, piston combo for around $600 and they are using this cylinder.. I also seen a "Cylinder Works" cylinder and the walls on it look REALLY thin i wouldnt run it. Jokers Racing a a few others offer this cylinder with a piston kit for around $640..

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
ive got a cp and its real nice but more than the whole kit ur talkin bout lol. i believe in my cylinder, piston and gaskets i have 1300ish in it. sce gasket, cp cylinder o ringed and custom piston...man im an idiot

·
Registered
32 Posts
ive got a cp and its real nice but more than the whole kit ur talkin bout lol. i believe in my cylinder, piston and gaskets i have 1300ish in it. sce gasket, cp cylinder o ringed and custom piston...man im an idiot
You are not an idiot, you don't have to worry about your cyl. breaking, or blowing the front of it out. You have the highest quality cast cylinder available, and it is made in the USA.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ive got a cp and its real nice but more than the whole kit ur talkin bout lol......
Hello Guys, I just thought I would inject a little information here..."first hand" if you get my drift. First off, don't beat yourself up that you bought the strongest built cylinder out there for your application, yes it is a little more expensive than the other cylinders that are made overseas, but we have done the original homework to find out where to put the internal bracing to help give the cylinders the extra strength needed for the performance level these large bores will deliver.

The guys at ATV Racers Edge own the tooling for the Raptor/Rhino cylinders that we build.....and they are the ONLY ones who are getting Raptor cylinders from us.....made right here in the good ole USA, (I am sure they are selling their product to other Dealers/Builders, but the AMERICAN MADE CYLINDERS we build for the Raptor all go through them).

I am sure they will not be the selling the complete kits for the $600.00 price tag that you see some of the guys selling the China made product for....(my employees seem to want a roof over their head...it costs me more to make a high quality product than it does for the the overseas manufacturers to build their parts and ship it into the states). We have SEVERAL years of proven track record of strength in the cylinders that we build, and as far as I know, we have not had ANY Raptor cylinders come back to us due to breakage, we have been internally bracing the cylinder castings since the very first prototypes, others may have taken our proven product and tried to copy them, but I wonder if any of them can say the same thing about replacement of their product.

If anyone would have found an area in our cylinders that needs improvement, all that would be needed is to talk to John and he would have instructed me to make any changes needed.....that has not happened, (and I am SURE the language barrier has not came into play!....lol)

Sorry for the long winded reply,
Calvin Pollet........CP Industries Inc.

·
YOU WISH
6,114 Posts
Hello Guys, I just thought I would inject a little information here..."first hand" if you get my drift. First off, don't beat yourself up that you bought the strongest built cylinder out there for your application, yes it is a little more expensive than the other cylinders that are made overseas, but we have done the original homework to find out where to put the internal bracing to help give the cylinders the extra strength needed for the performance level these large bores will deliver.

The guys at ATV Racers Edge own the tooling for the Raptor/Rhino cylinders that we build.....and they are the ONLY ones who are getting Raptor cylinders from us.....made right here in the good ole USA, (I am sure they are selling their product to other Dealers/Builders, but the AMERICAN MADE CYLINDERS we build for the Raptor all go through them).

I am sure they will not be the selling the complete kits for the $600.00 price tag that you see some of the guys selling the China made product for....(my employees seem to want a roof over their head...it costs me more to make a high quality product than it does for the the overseas manufacturers to build their parts and ship it into the states). We have SEVERAL years of proven track record of strength in the cylinders that we build, and as far as I know, we have not had ANY Raptor cylinders come back to us due to breakage, we have been internally bracing the cylinder castings since the very first prototypes, others may have taken our proven product and tried to copy them, but I wonder if any of them can say the same thing about replacement of their product.

If anyone would have found an area in our cylinders that needs improvement, all that would be needed is to talk to John and he would have instructed me to make any changes needed.....that has not happened, (and I am SURE the language barrier has not came into play!....lol)

Sorry for the long winded reply,
Calvin Pollet........CP Industries Inc.
:wow: :eek: It's Calvin Pollet :wow:... Welcome to the forum :D :beer:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts