Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Pity is freely given, Jealousy is earned
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of replacing my carrier bearings and want to buy the TUSK bearing puller but wanted to know if anyone knows what the thread size is on the slide hammer. I have a slide hammer so hopping i can just buy the collet.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
To be honest, you dont need a bearing puller to get the bearings out, tho it makes life easier. If the carrier is out of the swing arm you can heat the carrier and use a socket that just fits inside the bearing cavity and a long ratchet extension to slide in side the carrier and you can knock the bearings out quite easily. Just a FYI.

·
Registered
84 Posts
LOL MadBrad, I guess that play in the rear end was like we thought huh! Or are you just gearing up for the inevitable?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the Tusk bearing puller and it does its job. I have used it on crank bearings and carrier bearings of other quads. As long as the piece is large enough to get a grip on the inner race it is no problem. It is a nice tool to have around if you do a lot of your own maintenance. I have the flywheel puller and case splitter along with various other special tools.

·
Pity is freely given, Jealousy is earned
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL MadBrad, I guess that play in the rear end was like we thought huh! Or are you just gearing up for the inevitable?
Pulled it apart once i got home and it was obvious that the bearing we bad.

Thanks 07raptorgytr, got them out doing that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts