Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I asked for opinions of where to spend a bit of $$ I had available. You can look for the thread and see the most experienced here suggested to spend in on "go fast" rather than "handle better". I went the way I wanted and got suspension stuff, inexpensive suspension stuff. I also got a bit of "go fast", in the way of Vito's Jets. I installed them over the weekend, did the clear tube method including the simple dremel tool matchporting of the intake boots to the head. I cut out the airbox lid, put in the 25 pilot jets, the 145/150 mains with the replacement needles on the 3rd notch. I took it out tonight and all I can say is WOW! It really woke up the Raptor. 1st gear wheelies are now a simple flick of the thumb, no work needed. It really woke up the midrange in all gears. I thought I was ok with the stock power but now that I have had a taste of it, I want MORE!!! :wow:

My next big purchase will definately be some pipes. Is there a thread on which pipes are better for which purpose? There are some GYTR pipes on EBay right now, are they good? Or is there better available for comparable $$? I want a fairly quiet pipe that makes good power.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
get a set of barkers. i had a set of FMF and however they didnt sound bad they didnt make any power compared to the barkers. the gytr isnt worth it, but there are a few really nice single exhausts out there that work well.
mike

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Sparks or CT are the best singles for the 660. A set of Monsters or Barkers are the best duals. Barkers have out of frame and go by your legs closer and Monsters go inside the frame. HP is about the same with Barkers having the edge over the Monsters but not by much from what I've read.

·
Registered
521 Posts
single - sparks
duals - barkers

really wanna go fast...id say the ole 3 plugger will get you going in the right direction

·
Registered
622 Posts
High desert dyno is right that's who I got my monsters from call and ask for Daniel hill hook you up
Or get Curtis sparks for single

Screw barkers out of frame unless u get there full drag pipe

·
Registered
361 Posts
A buddy of mine has monsters on his 660 and it sounds sweet. He had a Yosh on it and it is night and day between the two.

·
Registered
56 Posts
How is the sound of the monsters compared to other pipes, and single pipes like the CT?

If I already have a CT pipe, and I went with monsters, would I notice a difference? I have the big three mod already, running 155/160, 25 pilot, and clip in the mid.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
The best singles are Sparks and CT... though neither of them could be confused as quiet.

If noise is a real factor for you, make sure you get something that will take a quiet core.

Duals will give you a notable difference on the top end, and all have QC options.

There's probably 38,659 threads on pipes for the 660, do a bit of digging and you'll run across tons of different opinions.

Personally, I don't think suspension is a bad place to start. Especially if you're going to be building it later, the suspension means the world as far as rideability IMO. Suspension mods might not give you HP, but they can most certainly make you faster.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts