Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Amarillo right between the little sahara and Kermit sand hills. Which one is better to ride?

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I never heard of Kermit but a lot of folks here go to LS the one in Oklahoma that is. I'm sure that's where you're talking bout being from Amerillo Tx.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah thats the same little sahara. Kermit sandhills is about 300 miles southwest of Amarillo, kinda close to Odessa if that helps. I guess there are 2 riding areas 1 free the other is like 7 dollars with a combined area of about 1900 acers or 25 square miles. The videos i saw looked cool, just wanted to hear some first hand info from someone whos been there.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hey, nice to see a local on here, I am from Borger. We ride little sahara about 7 or 8 times a year. I have not been to kemit, but some of my buddies have and every time I sugest to go there they say heck no let's go to little sahara. They would much rather go to oklahoma every time. Hope this helps. Do you ever ride blue west creek bottom? Rosita flats? Anyways maybe we will meet up sometime for some riding fun.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice, thanks for the info. Im trying to plan a trip to go ride some serious dunes. Yeah, im at the river every weekend (rosita flats). We should meet out there sometime and go riding.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Little Sahara OK is good for drags I've never been to either place; Kermit or OK. If you want some real serious dunes I would say St Anthony ID or even Little Sahara UT. There is Coral Pink in southern UT too but never rode those. Not sure about Glamis in CA very busy from what I've heard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts