Raptor Forum banner

Who's doing the best engine work

3K views 31 replies 15 participants last post by  Hoot 
#1 ·
So i have been out of the quad world for a couple years now but just bought an 07 700. I want to build something pretty nasty. Whos doing the best engine work on the 700s these days

#3 ·
It's a toss up. like Lucky said. Cuervo racing, Tom from fsa, Racers edge, kenz. Those are just some of the big name guys. They will take care of ya.

#4 ·
No offense Lucky but has anyone dealt with lucky700r? I'm considering him for some work but wondering who else has gone through him and what the results were.

#5 ·
If I can ever get off my phone and to the computer I'll give you a list of folks on here I've done work for. Hoot and lee337 and this space for rent are just a couple I can think of off top of my head. Cowtownup knows me pretty good and heideman something is another's name on here

#7 ·
I would 100% trust Lucky here to get some awesome work done on your bike. Hes been a long time member and really knows the raptors. Great guy and always helps when you need advice. i give him two fingers up :metal:

#9 ·
Easy when its true!

#12 ·
I wouldn't let White Knuckle touch my kids tri-cycle. They sent me a TB that first with their boot wouldn't stay on the head. The high dollar TB then came apart and sent throttle plate screws threw my brand new 778. So I've since rebuilt the throttle body to how it should've been from WK from the start for an almost $700 piece. It did give me a reason to switch from 12.5:1 to 14:1 and to go from 5050 cam to the 5150 along with less restrictive pipes. So thanks to Eric at WHITEKNUCKLE for giving me a reason to go bigger.

#14 ·
Ok so heres my next question. Who can build a strong running NA motor that will push 80 hp and run every weekend with minimum shop time (I know when building something like this there is always shop time but I want something nasty for where I'm at and I don't have to pull it into the trailer to work on it after every ride)

#15 ·
My 778 was at 83hp at 12.5:1 with +2 extreme port head 5050 cam and 54mm TB
I had no issues until the WK TB sent screw into the engine. I'm now looking at close to 90 when I go have it tuned with the 14:1 and 5150 cam idk numbers yet but hoping to get 87-90hp with a trip to dyno I'm running a good base map just slightly rich right now.

#16 ·
Fast
Reliable
Cheap

You only get to pick 2 of the above. Fast and Reliable is gonna cost you big money but it is doable. 80hp is no cheap journey to begin with though just a FYI. I bet with all the supporting mods you will be in the $4000 plus range or more depending on the parts you buy. Where are you located at?

#17 ·
I'm in south eastern wyoming. The money is not an issue, I just want to do my research before I send my motor to someone to make sure that I have something fast and reliable and done by someone who will back there work and give me any support for questions I may have after the build

#18 ·
I think just about any of the builders could get you going. DL700(Cuervo) puts some nasty motors together and you hear nothing but good things about him. I have bought a few parts from him and he was always quick to answer questions and ship things out. I think many will vouch for him being great at what he does.

#19 ·
I agree with spider about white knuckle, stay away from them. Their customer support sucked last time I had to deal with them.

#20 ·
+1 after their boot didn't work. I called emailed and got a reply after about a month that they was designing a newer boot style and sending me one. It never came. So I took a few oem boots and started modding them until I got it right. That's how their customer care goes.

#22 ·
Spider-Lōc;1043228 said:
+1 after their boot didn't work. I called emailed and got a reply after about a month that they was designing a newer boot style and sending me one. It never came. So I took a few oem boots and started modding them until I got it right. That's how their customer care goes.
Wow Spider...Thats horrible. I had something like that happen to me by a local builder. They did my 1st 102mm sleeve install...It sank in the 1st 10 or 15 min of my 1st ride with my fresh 3 pluger, & ya know what happens when your sleeve sinks...Not good.... I will NEVER go back to them, not even for a bolt..
To the OP, I dont know who is the best 700 builder out thear. Your getting lots of good feedback from the 700 croud thow...
If ya ever get a 660..WillyKiller is the absolute best 660 builder (IMHO) on the planet..He thinks outside the box..:D
Good luck with your build...

#27 ·
This ^^^^^ right here says alot about lucky700r. A guy that is willing to tell you other good shops says he's confident that his work speaks for itself. Just my .02. My 700 build is going to be through lucky700r.

#24 ·
EHS Racing does good work to Eric's a really cool guy that knows raptors be it 660's or 700's inside out.

#26 ·
Sounds like a good deal to me.

#28 ·
from being on these forums so long and what ive read on here. Dl700 when i called him with questions he would tell me ANY thing i had a question on inside the motor and out very knowledgeable about the 700's. Same with Bo ANY question i needed he would tell me And gave me a good deal on parts.

And IMO u can't ask whos the "best" as ALOT of people on these forum really know their shit when it comes to the raptors. It's kind of hard to say whos the best when there all really good at what they do. But me personally if i were to bring my machine in, it would either be Bo or Daniel.

#29 ·
That's why I said call the builders all of them pick their brains and go with who you're most comfortable with. That's the only way cause everybody got their favorite shop/builder. It's like asking for best oil or pipes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.