Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have been out of the quad world for a couple years now but just bought an 07 700. I want to build something pretty nasty. Whos doing the best engine work on the 700s these days

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
cuervo racing- racers edge - kenz are the major shops now, though i can do whatever your looking for also. just depends what your budget is what your gonna get from any shop. lotta money goin into these things these days but big hp too

·
Registered
43 Posts
It's a toss up. like Lucky said. Cuervo racing, Tom from fsa, Racers edge, kenz. Those are just some of the big name guys. They will take care of ya.

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
No offense Lucky but has anyone dealt with lucky700r? I'm considering him for some work but wondering who else has gone through him and what the results were.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
If I can ever get off my phone and to the computer I'll give you a list of folks on here I've done work for. Hoot and lee337 and this space for rent are just a couple I can think of off top of my head. Cowtownup knows me pretty good and heideman something is another's name on here

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
I would 100% trust Lucky here to get some awesome work done on your bike. Hes been a long time member and really knows the raptors. Great guy and always helps when you need advice. i give him two fingers up :metal:

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
White Knuckle has done some great work in the past along with building some great parts for the raptor. They just haven't been on top of the raptor game in the last few years. IMO

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
thanks for the info guys, how is White Knuckle Racing, I was also looking at some of their stuff
I wouldn't let White Knuckle touch my kids tri-cycle. They sent me a TB that first with their boot wouldn't stay on the head. The high dollar TB then came apart and sent throttle plate screws threw my brand new 778. So I've since rebuilt the throttle body to how it should've been from WK from the start for an almost $700 piece. It did give me a reason to switch from 12.5:1 to 14:1 and to go from 5050 cam to the 5150 along with less restrictive pipes. So thanks to Eric at WHITEKNUCKLE for giving me a reason to go bigger.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok so heres my next question. Who can build a strong running NA motor that will push 80 hp and run every weekend with minimum shop time (I know when building something like this there is always shop time but I want something nasty for where I'm at and I don't have to pull it into the trailer to work on it after every ride)

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
My 778 was at 83hp at 12.5:1 with +2 extreme port head 5050 cam and 54mm TB
I had no issues until the WK TB sent screw into the engine. I'm now looking at close to 90 when I go have it tuned with the 14:1 and 5150 cam idk numbers yet but hoping to get 87-90hp with a trip to dyno I'm running a good base map just slightly rich right now.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Fast
Reliable
Cheap

You only get to pick 2 of the above. Fast and Reliable is gonna cost you big money but it is doable. 80hp is no cheap journey to begin with though just a FYI. I bet with all the supporting mods you will be in the $4000 plus range or more depending on the parts you buy. Where are you located at?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm in south eastern wyoming. The money is not an issue, I just want to do my research before I send my motor to someone to make sure that I have something fast and reliable and done by someone who will back there work and give me any support for questions I may have after the build

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I think just about any of the builders could get you going. DL700(Cuervo) puts some nasty motors together and you hear nothing but good things about him. I have bought a few parts from him and he was always quick to answer questions and ship things out. I think many will vouch for him being great at what he does.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I agree with spider about white knuckle, stay away from them. Their customer support sucked last time I had to deal with them.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I agree with spider about white knuckle, stay away from them. Their customer support sucked last time I had to deal with them.
+1 after their boot didn't work. I called emailed and got a reply after about a month that they was designing a newer boot style and sending me one. It never came. So I took a few oem boots and started modding them until I got it right. That's how their customer care goes.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts