Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I been notice'in People are talk down on the RAPTOR these day's, it's mostly from the yfz guys. When i go riding and run into a these guys they say "oh raptor's are weak they don't cut it for me there slow" But when i race them i'm ether win'in or on the side of them :lol: so wtf is deal?? I think it's a great bike good all round! What's your take on this?

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i just bought my first raptor yesterday and just got back from riding....and this thing is the shit!!!! of course it has almost everything done to it except for internals but man the handling is outrageous and the speed is awesome....this thing is a beast....the raptor must be doing something right if they're hatin cause its on their minds!!! they have to talk about it so obviously they are thinking about it!!! i for one will not be riding anything else for a long time..... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
679 Posts
i think the raptor is a beast. i went riding with a group of my dads friends and there was a guy that had a yfz 450 and he started to challenge me. he thought he could pick on the young dude. well we started to race and i kept side by sideand then pulled out in front. raptors are the FUCKING SHIT. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:.

·
Registered
455 Posts
fuk what all the yfz fools say, raptors in my mind are one of the sickest all around great quad, plus they keep up with any other quad and their torquey as hell :) :thumbsup: :lol: 8) ;) :p

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
They just mad cuz we have REVERSE :eek:wned: :beer: :woot: :wootwoot:

·
Registered
206 Posts
my friend has a yfz 450. when we go to the dunes he always bitches about how his back hurts because of the stiffer shocks and the seat is so hard. so he asked to switch him quads and that was the most uncomfortable thing ive ever been on. and i always stop in front of him so he has to push it back. haha

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I love my Raptor! I can't see why most othere riders hate it?? There is some nice new bikes out though...

·
Registered
183 Posts
yfz 450 is the only 450 i haven't beat yet :(, of course i've never raced a stock one. the ones i've raced have had piston, cams, exhaust. and i hate it when were side by side and the guy on the 450 is riding wheelies beside me haha :mad:.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Limited660 said:
They just mad cuz we have REVERSE :eek:wned: :beer: :woot: :wootwoot:
hahah soooo true

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
One thing I've noticed though: the 660 has become the red-headed stepchild now that the 700 has come out. When you look at other boards, people only refer to the 700 and only talk shit when referring to the 660.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
The 660 has almost become obsolete now that the 700 is out, just pick up a catalog, everything is either yfz 450 or 700 raptor. You cant even buy anything from ProArmor. I was gonna buy this awesome bumper for mine, black and everything, I called and they dont make it for 660

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
660ryder said:
my friend has a yfz 450. when we go to the dunes he always bitches about how his back hurts because of the stiffer shocks and the seat is so hard. so he asked to switch him quads and that was the most uncomfortable thing ive ever been on. and i always stop in front of him so he has to push it back. haha

Hey now when my 350 got stolen I borrowed a 450...everyone parked in front of me that whole weekend...it was a pain!!! Glad I have reverse again.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
pewterpecker said:
One thing I've noticed though: the 660 has become the red-headed stepchild now that the 700 has come out. When you look at other boards, people only refer to the 700 and only talk shit when referring to the 660.
Consider that without your dedication to the 660.
The 01' should have been recalled for the trans.
All years have issues with the oneway.
All years could use a suspension upgrade to the frontend.
The dual carb setup leaves a bit to be desired.

If you look at blue traxx for example, there's 14000+ posts for the 660 and production ran from 01-05, the banshee has 4400+ posts for a machine that started production in 1987, this alone makes you wonder about the turd factor of the 660. Look at other sites that have multiple models, you'll see the same.
It may be argued that the 660 is great for mods and thats what makes it so popular but what does it take to make the raptor a reliable machine? Way more cash than a banshee would need to make more power than most could use or handle.

I know I've started trouble but think about it, honestly.

We ride a turd, with pride. :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Firstraptor your argument may hold water when comparing it to the 700 but it gets a little more complicated with the rest of the atv world. The yfz had loads of problems with it when it was released. Moving away from Yammi there were a number of problems with the LTZ400 lineup from 03-05. Polaris has trans issues with the 03 pred and other problems with it in all years. The honda trx450 has some reliability issues with the 04/05 models and even the new lt450R has some problems it's trying desperately to overcome. Kawasaki's 700 lucked out only because it removed all of the faulty electronics used on the utility models.

Few of them are "bullet-proof" reliable like the bikes of yesteryear. When the 700 was released it had hiccups but it went well. The reason the 700R is so easily replacing the 660 is because unlike the competition it's been quite reliable in it's first two years and it's better than the 660 in essentially every way. It's not that the 660 is really that horribly bad, it's that the 700 has simply fared so much better because the 660 was the guinea pig...Except for the 01 models, they've really sucked and deserve much of the credit for the 660's reliability record.

Yes my bike is outclassed by the 700R, in stock form. But I'd still give quite a few 700's a run for their money in many categories as would many others out there who've done with the aftermarket what Yamaha didn't do the first time around.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Well put, dog.

As to why everyone hates the raptor? one word: JEALOUSY

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Of course when one thinks about it...the glaring insufficiencies and shortcomings of the 660 become more apparent as time passes; exactly as Firstraptor pointed out... :( ;)

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
In that case I like to think of my "turd" as one that is highly polished and flushes faster than most. :lol:

·
Registered
373 Posts
the raptor's handle mods really well, there just a little heavy compared to the
yfz 450. the 660's are not crap if they where Yamaha would of stopped making
them after 01 the only people that talk shit about the rappy's are hard core mx'ers

there a saying, it's not the bike it's the rider that's how o look at it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts