Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.. exhaust systems cost so much for quads?
I can put headers, new pipes and two Flowmasters on my '66 Charger for what it costs to buy a full exhaust system for a quad.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
It's not about how much the material/time cost.... :eek: It's about how much someone will pay for it ;)

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
It is more of a niche than automotive exhaust. You will always get a better deal on things that are produced by the millions. I don’t think LTE, HMF or any of the others are making more than Flowmaster per muffle, percentage wise. It just cost more to produce when they are not getting huge quantity discounts on, labor, parts and materials.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Most automotive ehausts are made with CNC tubing benders and robot welded.
The automotive exhaust companies also get BIG discounts on raw materials because the buy huge amounts of material.

·
Registered
206 Posts
pile0g00 said:
It is more of a niche than automotive exhaust. You will always get a better deal on things that are produced by the millions. I don’t think LTE, HMF or any of the others are making more than Flowmaster per muffle, percentage wise. It just cost more to produce when they are not getting huge quantity discounts on, labor, parts and materials.
I would have to agree :thumbsup: The bottom line is, If you want to play,you have to pay!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts