Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Why does it run better without the rev limiter

I took the raptor out today and decided to plug the rev limiter back in because its harder to get it in 1st gear and neutral with it out. I noticed a difference right away. The backfire was back and it would cut off coming to a stop. I unplugged the rev limiter and Bam it was gone. No backfire and i could gear down to a stop without it cutting off. Could it be a bad rev limiter?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would just leave it out but iv heard people say it will over rev and mess the motor up. I also heard people say its fine without it.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,054 Posts
What year is your bike?

·
Super Moderator
8,017 Posts
I don't know how that would cause a back fire, was it any easier getting into 1st and neutral? Seems like that would either be clutch adjustment or way overdue for an oil change. I think with mine I did not unplug from the clutch, but followed that cable down a few feet and disconnected, either way is same result.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,054 Posts
Unplugging the clutch will eliminate the rev limiter in high gear. It shouldn't affect back fire or shifting. It's possible your TPS got wet or your map needs some adjustment. The shift problem may be caused by a clutch needing adjustment or a grooved clutch basket.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts