Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just added a nmotion full pipe, power commander and gytr air filter kit and it's great. I also removed the entire parking brake set up from the bike including the wire and plug (didn't cut anything just unplugged it). I'm pretty sure the reason why my bike only starts in nuetral has to do with the fact I remove the parking brake. But before I do anything to the bike I wanted to see if anyone had encountered the same problem and better yet had an answer to my dilemma. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And my Raptor 700 is a 2006. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
It should start in any gear as long as you have the clutch pulled. The parking brake has nothing to do with the ignition. Unless You unpluged something else on accident. There shouldn't have been anything electrical to unplug.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
....You shouldnt be unplugging anything electrical when you remove the parking brake...thats your problem. What you unplugged is the clutch override switch....which allows you to start it in gear with the clutch pulled in. Without it plugged in its not receiving a signal and doesnt know if the clutch is pulled in or not. If it wasnt smart like that it would allow you to start it in gear without using the clutch and lerch forward using nothing but the starter motor.....which could be bad as the started motor on these things isnt meant to be moving the quad.
Plug that back in and you'll be set! :thumbsup: (has nothing to do with the E-brake)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Yeah What he said. Also on my old bike I was able to cut Both wires for the switch and connect them, But it will allow you to spin the engine over while in gear and the clutch is engaged. I had to do it when I replaced the stock lever. Just be careful if you choose to do so.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
91 Posts
is your bike supposed to start whan it is in gear. i mean my quad starts when it is in gear,with the clutch not engaged. i started up one day to warm it up and it took off, in gear. scared the s**t out of me.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
That is NOT suppose to happen. that is why that switch is there in the perch. ALL elec start quads and dirtbikes have something similar to what we have. Its so you cant start the machine in gear with out pulling in the clutch lever. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts