Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, is there anything really "wrong" with going the Dobeck route? I plan on tossing the airbox lid, getting a high-flow filter, and eventually putting an exhaust on it.....that's it. I want to get it dialed in with those mods and then live happily ever after (just like when I jet my carb'd bikes).

Just want to make sure I'm not missing some reason why I'd need to go and pay for something beyond a Dobeck.

Thanks.

·
Registered
689 Posts
That would be fine for the money. There great and alot of people are useing them. Now pipe, filter, and no lid well thats fine and even more can be done. Just that with a PC III you can do alot more with it as far as if your getting into the motor, and has more to work with. If your tight on money just get the dodeck, if you have it get the PCIII and never have to worry if your control is at its limit. But like I said there nothing woung with the dodeck.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I don't ever see us doing any motor modifications. We've never done any in decades of owning off-road toys and as we get older the chances of that changing diminishes further every day.

Sounds like a Dobeck would be fine for my application then.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Dobeck here also...needs nothing more than a pipe filter and K&N....IMO ;).....thing rips :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
There is nothing "wrong" with the doebeck...its just not as "nice" as the PCIII.

·
GARAGE CULTURE
3,723 Posts
I heard that a Dobeck TFI, Big Guns slip on and Pro Design filter wil give more horsepower gains than a PCIII. This coming from a guy that tunes quads for racing on a Dyno.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts