Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from the country of meatballs and horny blondes.

I´ve been hanging alot on some american quad forums and checking out all your modded bikes an I must say damn you guys put alot of cool stuff on them. But now to my question: On many bikes people have chosen to ride without heelguards, why? I mean one slip and your foot will turn in to our main ingredience for meatballs. Don´t get me wrong now guys I´m pretty new to quad riding but is there a purpose or benefit of not having them on?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I personally wouldn't remove mine, but a few of my buddies have. I think it is for looks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Going without heel guards is a great way to run yourself over. But then again with out nurfbars, there is still a chance to run yourself over too. But then again, with both of these I still managed to run myself over lightly...Just a glance. Hmm, I have also managed to get my foot stuck in the back tire of my dirt bike before. That one sucked, due to the fact that I managed to get tangled up between the tire, chain, and frame going about 40mph! Then when you do come to a stop, what do you do.

The more protection the better, but you will never be totally safe.

·
Registered
297 Posts
ah im sure its rider preference with this one. i guess some people feel more comfortable without them and some wont ride without them due to the added protection they add to the quad

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
BTW I think Guam is probably one of the guys you saw without heal gaurds. His nerf were stolen and maybe even his heal gaurds, Guam?

The big time drag races take them off for weight and drag reasons.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Wow! :banghead: That looks bad. I had a similar incident, but I only hyper extended my ankle.

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
If you have a good set of aftermarket pegs and have a nice long extended swingarm and spend all your time in the sand or dragstrip I don't see any problem with removing them.

Personally I've got them and a set of nerfs, but the nerfs are required for most of the racing anyway.

·
Registered
833 Posts
i have heal guards and a wider rear axle and i have nipped my foot a few times. i want to get nerfs. but i don't know why you would want to loose the protection unless all you do is drag race.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I think most people ditch the stockers because they are an eye soar. Big hunk of plastic. I however cant ride without a heel guard so I bought the gytr ones. They are tucked in closer and look really good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.