Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was wondering what size paddles I should run on my 660. Last time I was at the dunes I ran 20x11x9 Itp sand stars but I hated
Them and are up for sale if your all interested. I just dont know of i should run 8", 9" or 10".
My mods include stage 2 cam porting yoshimura full exhaust extended axle and running 12/42
Gearing. I soon will have a 4mm crank ,fcrs, and 102mm piston. I do however have stock swing arm. Should I maybe consider getting an extended swing arm as well ? Please help !!

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
What did you not like about the Sand Stars?

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Well those are about the best turning paddle tire. What were you running for front tires. A ribed smooth font tire really helps with turing. They are not required but are worth it in my oppinion. A straigt blade skat track will turn and slide worse. You also do not want 100% hook up. You need wheel speed and for them to spin some out of the hole during launches. Same reason why pulling trucks, tractors, and monster trucks shave down the tread on their tires. The are all going to feel like they are floating on the sand once you get up to speed. That is kind of the object. It is easier and faster to skim across the top of the sand than to try to push and dig through it.

If you want a good turning / general play tire then ITP Sand Stars are your best bet.

If your wanting to drag race then Skat Track Extreems are the tire for you. Size and # of paddles greatly depend on the type of sand you ride in and the kind / amount of hp your making. The straight blade design gives you maximum traction but it tends to push your quad straight wich makes turning more difficult or a wider turning radius. Also when you power slide it will want to lift the front end up wheelie and go straight.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well those are about the best turning paddle tire. What were you running for front tires. A ribed smooth font tire really helps with turing. They are not required but are worth it in my oppinion. A straigt blade skat track will turn and slide worse. You also do not want 100% hook up. You need wheel speed and for them to spin some out of the hole during launches. Same reason why pulling trucks, tractors, and monster trucks shave down the tread on their tires. The are all going to feel like they are floating on the sand once you get up to speed. That is kind of the object. It is easier and faster to skim across the top of the sand than to try to push and dig through it.

If you want a good turning / general play tire then ITP Sand Stars are your best bet.

If your wanting to drag race then Skat Track Extreems are the tire for you. Size and # of paddles greatly depend on the type of sand you ride in and the kind / amount of hp your making. The straight blade design gives you maximum traction but it tends to push your quad straight wich makes turning more difficult or a wider turning radius. Also when you power slide it will want to lift the front end up wheelie and go straight.
Oh okay that's a lot of good info. It's mostly sand draging I have heard of the skat trak being good tires cause there flat for what I wanted them the only thing is I'm not use what size rims or even tires / # of paddles I should run . I have razor blade fronts. Type of sand I'm in Is not too fluffy but than again jut depends where I'm going.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I was wondering what size paddles I should run on my 660. Last time I was at the dunes I ran 20x11x9 Itp sand stars but I hated
Them and are up for sale if your all interested. I just dont know of i should run 8", 9" or 10".
My mods include stage 2 cam porting yoshimura full exhaust extended axle and running 12/42
Gearing. I soon will have a 4mm crank ,fcrs, and 102mm piston. I do however have stock swing arm. Should I maybe consider getting an extended swing arm as well ? Please help !!
Answer for the swingarm is a yes you may wanna look into a +2-+4 deping on if you drag race or not a lot and
And saying that you should look into some 8 or 9 paddle extremes

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
I am running a +4 swing arm and haulers and have no problem turning on the trails.

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
if your looking to run your best top speed up the hill with your build, id run a 6 0r 7 blade skattrac hauler or a 9blade glidder'' i love my 6blades on my built bike'' as for the sandstars, i give a nice set of them away.. them things roll over when you put the hp to them''' thats why you'll never see them on high hp bikes! there fine for everyday duner bikes cause they dont push and they still hook better than nobbies'''

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if your looking to run your best top speed up the hill with your build, id run a 6 0r 7 blade skattrac hauler or a 9blade glidder'' i love my 6blades on my built bike'' as for the sandstars, i give a nice set of them away.. them things roll over when you put the hp to them''' thats why you'll never see them on high hp bikes! there fine for everyday duner bikes cause they dont push and they still hook better than nobbies'''

Auld I maybe stick with 9" tires
Or go to 10"? What do bigger size or smaller size do?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Go with 8 inch rims and a 21 *10*8 tire

1 - 11 of 11 Posts