Raptor Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought my wheeler used and had it a few months, well come to find out the person who had it before me didnt change the oil and only cleaned his air filter off witout putting on oil...well now i noticed it start to smoke and so i figured new rings...NO i need a new cylinder and new rings, the cylinder has groves in it, also the intake had dirt that was plain to see! well after about a $1000 fix ill have it back to new again! shitty hu! take care of your shit, or this will happen to you!

Dev-

·
Registered
314 Posts
indeed. maintenance is paramount when it comes to any type of motor vehicle. i have heard guys say, "bah, run the hell out of it, it will be fine. you dont need to clean all that BS". yet, they are the first ones to say " oh this thing is a POS blah blah blah". when in reality, if you DONT take care of your machines, they WILL let you down. and there is no one to blame but number 1. great example dmckinny33, its alot cheaper and an easier lesson to learn from someone elses mistakes :thumbsup:

·
Registered
226 Posts
take care of your STUFF... If we could please use better language, I really like this site BUT, I would like for people to use better language because their are kids on this site too and I really dont like reading language like this even though its not as bad as other stuff I've read here still people know what I mean. Thank you, Ron

·
Registered
973 Posts
That sucks that happened. I have a buddy that has a 660 and has changed the oil ONCE, and its a 2003. I cant beleive it still runs. I would not sleep at night it I didnt change my stuff frequently.

·
Registered
793 Posts
roc0999 said:
take care of your STUFF... If we could please use better language, I really like this site BUT, I would like for people to use better language because their are kids on this site too and I really dont like reading language like this even though its not as bad as other stuff I've read here still people know what I mean. Thank you, Ron

I see that you are holy. I try to be to most of the time to. My main thing is searching for a holy GF cause the one I got is not helping me at all. I guess it would be a good thing not to use profanity on this site. To be honest though .. theres not a whole lot of it. Im pretty sure the kids here a lot more cursing at school than on here. MY 7 year old niece said some kid in here class be saying F and duck ect.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
If we could please use better language, I really like this site BUT, I would like for people to use better language because their are kids on this site too and I really dont like reading language like this even though its not as bad as other stuff I've read here still people know what I mean. Thank you, Ron

Oh please, keep your kids off the damn forum if you don't like the langauge, that's your job as a parent not ours. If a few colorful words offend you then maybe you need to hang out at the bible study forum and not this one :confused:

·
Registered
899 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
If we could please use better language, I really like this site BUT, I would like for people to use better language because their are kids on this site too and I really dont like reading language like this even though its not as bad as other stuff I've read here still people know what I mean. Thank you, Ron

Oh please, keep your kids off the damn forum if you don't like the langauge, that's your job as a parent not ours. If a few colorful words offend you then maybe you need to hang out at the bible study forum and not this one :confused:
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
394 Posts

[/quote]

Dude, the man just asked you to watch your language, because he kids are probably interested in the sport also. You don't have to be a jerk about it or take it personal. :chair:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
This is exactly why I bought a low hour used Raptor...... with only 10 hours, he really didnt have much time to jack it up, unless he went hog wild on the break in. However, Im not the easiest on stuff during break in either, I go easy, but for the most part I push it pretty hard. However, I am VERY particular about maintenance etc.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Jman said:
Dude, the man just asked you to watch your language, because he kids are probably interested in the sport also. You don't have to be a jerk about it or take it personal. :chair:
[/quote]

I'm not being a jerk, just stating my opinion which last time I checked, I still had the right to do.

I get so damned tired of people wanting others to change the way they do and talk because they are offended by it, screw that if you don't like it go somewhere else, enough of this politically correct, bleeding heart liberal bullshit.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Thanks, point made. Sorry Roc, some folks just wasn't raised up to respect others. Anyway, that was my two cents, not trying to start a Jerry Springer episode. :lol: You guys are right though, if you don't keep the maintance up on them, it gets alot more expensive later.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Thanks, point made. Sorry Roc, some folks just wasn't raised up to respect others.

That goes both ways there preacher ;) Why is it always said that those of us who throw in a little colorful language need to respect others, I think others need to learn to respect our ways as well.

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
There are no Administrator-Induced restrictions on language on this board. We do make an attempt to keep things family friendly by relegating most of the blue material to areas like the off-topic lounge. Seeing as how the language in this thread was not used in a derogatory way I don't personally have any issue with it. In fact I had to read the post twice to see what all the commotion was about. Finding out you've got a 1k dollar repair bill in front of you is pretty frustrating and if that's not enough to let one of those words slip out I don't know what is.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Maddog56 said:
There are no Administrator-Induced restrictions on language on this board. We do make an attempt to keep things family friendly by relegating most of the blue material to areas like the off-topic lounge. Seeing as how the language in this thread was not used in a derogatory way I don't personally have any issue with it. In fact I had to read the post twice to see what all the commotion was about. Finding out you've got a 1k dollar repair bill in front of you is pretty frustrating and if that's not enough to let one of those words slip out I don't know what is.
Fa sho my nizzle! How many people in the world use profanity though? Like a zillion .. so this one little board is not the last quest to keep your kids from hearing foul langauge. I gues you're just working for the lord though for every one to be as good as possible and not sin. I dont hate for that.

·
Registered
423 Posts
i just dont understand why people would pay all the money for something and not take pride in it and keep it up 2 date..i mean why would u have it if u wernt gonna do that shit 2 it and then spend more money on it down the road 2 fix it..

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
kds6_10_05jmd said:
i just dont understand why people would pay all the money for something and not take pride in it and keep it up 2 date..i mean why would u have it if u wernt gonna do that shit 2 it and then spend more money on it down the road 2 fix it..
When we were house hunting about 6 months ago, I asked myself that same question every house we walked into.

Why do people spend 200k+ on a house (which is a nice house in my area), and neglect it / thrash it? Some people will never take care of a thing they own, regardless of what it is.

·
Registered
423 Posts
yah i just think its b,c some people that alot of money makes them not respect what they have alot b,c they have everything they want and not have to work that hard for it..and they know that they can go and get another anytime they wanted

·
Registered
226 Posts
wow it sounds like some people have a little GROWING UP to do on this site...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Its not like I'm trying to change you Raptor randy I was just trying to ask that people be just a little considerate and if you have a problem with that then I guess I said it right you have the problem

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
roc0999 said:
Its not like I'm trying to change you Raptor randy I was just trying to ask that people be just a little considerate and if you have a problem with that then I guess I said it right you have the problem

If I was offended by the words under your avatar would you change them to be considerate ?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.