Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
id say mount them as the bottom pic shows.........my 2 cents is that when the tired spins the \_-_-_/ would grip better than /-----\? if thats hard to figure out then just mount them with the point of the middle groove facing you when your standing behind the bike. (bottom pic)

·
Registered
109 Posts
RadRap700 said:
id say mount them as the bottom pic shows.........my 2 cents is that when the tired spins the \_-_-_/ would grip better than /-----\? if thats hard to figure out then just mount them with the point of the middle groove facing you when your standing behind the bike. (bottom pic)
Yea hes right

·
Registered
610 Posts
Wow. A rear wheel like that needs direction arrows.
I agree with the above for a startup traction perspective, but I wouldn't doubt if the factory recommends the other way. You need only look at the way the stock Dunlops were mounted were their arrow type pattern, but the center lugs' shape do seem to conflict with the outer lugs' pattern :confused:
What kind are those?

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
The top direction(viewed like your behind the quad) will give you better control in the corners, the bottom direction will give you more forward bite. You choose which is more important.

·
Registered
572 Posts
kinda like the realtor tires then huh? they can be mounted either way .. that looks liek a good tire, any specs ,brand, size,price you bought it at? i like the pattern.

·
Registered
109 Posts
yes they are Fastrackers and the correct way to mount them which i no for fact is the pic on the bottom..

·
Registered
841 Posts
Damn I like them, bet they are great in wet/muddy conditions.....let us know how they grab/ride I may have to get a set

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I got the tires mounted but have not had a chance to ride on them yet. Out of curiosity I weighed these and they are 19.5 lbs. on my scales and the stock tire with lots of tread left weighed 13.5. Not sure how thats going to work out in the drags but I ride mostly trails anyway so no big deal. Check pics if you want.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
You can run them either direction. If you have it so the cup is hitting the ground going forward then you are going to get mad traction and pick earth up and roost. If you go the directional way (so its angled in the way you are going) then you will see less traction and more handling.
This has been my experience with tires that are kind a like that. I have the Pure Sport "realtors" and run them the cup way.....works better in the mud/snow :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts