Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I'm waiting to see what others say as well.. Never seen anything like that before.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I don't agree with the statement about the stock brakelines being long enough, even if the imtermediate supports are removed. I don't think having a brake line flopping around is a good idea.
The basic idea seems fair enough, better than wheel spacers at least. I'd like to see an above view of the extensions to see if thier supported in any way to prevent twisting or folding. Weather they have any effect on the steering geometry is something I'd be concerned about. Are the tierods included?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THIS KIT INCLUDES TIE ROD EXTENSIONS (+3.0 or +2.25 inch per side) I not sure if I would want to use extension.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
I'd rather use spacers...

There have been posts here about similar systems offered on ebay. IMO this is a bad idea any way you shake it and if you can't afford to do it right then you either need to accept it and ride accordingly or fully understand the downsides and risks associated with these "shortcuts". I'll look for the post when I get a chance.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Looks like something for flat track use only.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I tried the kit. It actually worked the way it was discribed. But I ende up taking it of to install longer arms. The only problem I had with it was all the extra weight at the very front of the quad. It is a total of about 45 pounds. It made it very tiring to run fast through trails. Other then that it was great. I used it only once. If you want I will sell the kit to you half price.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
got +3's, don't need'em

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I'd either buy hub spacers or save up and get the real deal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts